• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2012 24v issues

EGTittey1

Ok question to the crowd!

what would you do ?

A customer paid me to just put a set a used injectors in  I agreed with a disclaimer.. while putting them in I noticed that one body had DAP engraved and IQA code was way off or different language/ used same code for that cyl that was programmed allegedly he had them flowed at a pretty decent local shop here In nowhereville.. the trucks setting a #6 cylinder white smoke horrible.. he failed to mention its a stock tune or that his turbo was seized recently and he had it replaced at a flying Jim shade tree location outside of wtfville.. so is this a tunable thing or a pull apart bc it’s Not fixable to run one dap and the rest stock? Or maybe adjusted with cal?? He’s not giving me **** for anything he just wants back to regular operations and idk what to do.. help out guys

I don't really know 4th gens but my initial guess would be, there is no way to tune that out, not with one injector flowing more fuel.   I would guess that you can tune the fuel for all the injectors at once, not individually.  You'll probably have to put the originals back in.  Hopefully others more knowledgeable about these trucks will be along to give you more info.  @Me78569

from my point of view a used set of CR injectors is a big no no.   

Honestly sounds like you got started down the wrong path and now there is an issue with the supplied parts.   I would be looking into the cylinder's to verify that whatever happened before did not cause issues,  then I would be looking at a new set of injectors.

I’m on the same page here what’s odd is he had the set of 6 sticks cleaned and flowed at a reputable place a d the spec sheets show obvious fuel duration and why didn’t they ask him if he planned on putting 6 stock and 1 dap.. makes no sense but with discussion before the job I made sure to contextually discuss that with him and on contract.. so at the end of the day I’m still wrapping my head around this.. he did Install a new turbo recently as well but it’s not anything other than a tow pig trucks not even nice in anyway but he might be looking for a new motor I see that angle