• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flickering Headlight

I have a set of headlights from the retroshop and on my way to work tonight I was following a friend of mine and when we got to work he told me my driver's side headlight was flashing blue every once in a while.  He said he kept thinking he was getting pulled over.

Anyone have any issues with their headlights flickering that can give me some insights.

With it being intermittent, maybe a loose connection or bulb causing it to flicker when i hit a bump or something. :shrug:

• Owner

Being the Morimoto setup is a single filament bulb so if its flickering its a connection on that particular bulb. It could be a ballast as @Me78569 mentions being there is a left and right ballast for each bulb. At least for my kit the ground is drilled into the fender. The rest is in the driver side plug going to the factory headlight plug. IIRC...

D2S compared to H1 Mini is a worlds of difference. Much wider path of light and even taller on high beam. 

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

either ballast or bulb.  or bad ground or 12v. 

I'll check it out when I get off work in a little while.  

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Did you get the morimoto d2s

No, H1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

At least for my kit the ground is drilled into the fender. The rest is in the driver side plug going to the factory headlight plug. IIRC...

My setup is the same...

Out of curiosity, the light isn't physically loose is it? The little metal clips that hold to the adjusting screws can occasionally pop off and being HIDs, that spectrum line on the cutoff might be hitting him.

Barring that, as previously said, wiring or something sounds suspect. I had a little water get in my ballasts from condensate, but I think morimoto ballasts are potted in resin completely.

We'll, I opened the hood when I got home and I noticed that my zip tie that I had used to zip tie the ballast and whatever that smaller grey box is to the driver's side battery had broke and everything was laying down beside the battery.  I reached in to grab the tangle of wires and various other parts and as soon as I grabbed it the lights flickered off and back on.  AhHa.  I guess I need to spend some time and actually give this stuff a more permanent home.