• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thank you!

• Owner

For once I very thankful for the tip jar idea that @leetycreated. Yesterday morning it was very cold here at 24°F and when I went out to start my truck after sitting all night. Didn't twist very long about 1/2 a weak revolution and then the dreaded clicking right behind it. Tossed the truck in neutral and let it roll back in the driveway. I told @Wet Vettegotta get batteries for the "The Beast". I was planning on heading to Lewiston for groceries already yesterday. Since I was going I was able to pickup two new 810 CCA batteries at WalMart for $119 a piece. good price! I hopped over and replaced a few sockets I've either wore out and a few I've lost on job. 

Where my truck rolled to and been left for DEAD...

20201024_085324.jpg

Finally nice to be able to us some of the profits to make things happen for me. Thank you to all the wonderful people that tossed in a few bucks in the tip jar. Thank you goes out to @leety and @Wet Vette for helping make the changes. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

For once I very thankful for the tip jar idea that @leetycreated. Yesterday morning it was very cold here at 24°F and when I went out to start my truck after sitting all night. Didn't twist very long about 1/2 a weak revolution and then the dreaded clicking right behind it. Tossed the truck in neutral and let it roll back in the driveway. I told @Wet Vettegotta get batteries for the "The Beast". I was planning on heading to Lewiston for groceries already yesterday. Since I was going I was able to pickup two new 810 CCA batteries at WalMart for $119 a piece. good price! I hopped over and replaced a few sockets I've either wore out and a few I've lost on job. 

Where my truck rolled to and been left for DEAD...

20201024_085324.jpg

Finally nice to be able to us some of the profits to make things happen for me. Thank you to all the wonderful people that tossed in a few bucks in the tip jar. Thank you goes out to @leety and @Wet Vette for helping make the changes. 

I'm just happy to be able to give back to such a valuable resource which has helped me so much, and I know will continue to do so.  Glad the idea worked as I was hoping it would.

Edited by leety
  • Thanks 2

• Owner

Got 8 years on these batteries but already been ZERO volts dead 3 times so that why the shortened life span. Then been running so hard I actually had one customer call me up to tell me I left my long ratchet under his hood. 

This why I'm fighting to get my weekends back and a few days off. Like yesterday my morning started at 4:30am and worked on the website till 8:00am. After that I got @Wet Vetteup and showered and got going for Lewiston, ID I could do much better for batteries and need our food restocked. That morning was 24°F. Truck didn't start. I had a friend here call if he could use my shop when I got home. Ahh... No problem. By the time I got home it was 9pm after all the shopping and gather stuff. Barely lay back in bed and my Fire Radio tones off. Fire Chief's wife calls, " Can you respond to milepost 174?" Then I get it together haul out with @Wet Vetteto Station 1 1/4 mile from the house to find both my Ford 6.0L has a dead battery and the the new structure engine also has a dead battery. Hopped back in @Wet VetteHyundai and hauled for station 3. She was running a solid 85 to 90 MPH getting there. Get my old favorite fire up my Cummins Big Cam 400 which is a 4,000 gallon tender. Barely get it out the door so the radio can receive and the Fire Chief calls it off. By the time I got home and hit the bed again it was 11:30pm. Now I'm back up this morning to go stuff a starter in a Chevy truck. (Saturday morning... I should be off work and enjoying my day off). 

12 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

Wow! Already that cold in the morning? Typically I won’t be seeing those low’s till about mid December. Glad you’re able to expense the batteries. Replaced mine about 2 months ago. 

New Meadows, ID I've seen temperatures as low as -20°F to -40°F for winter time low temperatures. Then in Riggins, ID I've seen summer temperatures over 115°F.

• Like 1

• Owner

Just got done getting the new batteries in my truck and Jacob got the starter in for the Chevy truck. I'm wore out for today not going to do much more today. 

1 hour ago, Threadzy said:

Ya I’d say you have a full plate! 

Been running for weeks on end where I've been filling every day with work. I'm even filling my weekends. Chasing firewood, splitting, stacking, fixing my own truck (oil leak last week). Then get people calling here wanting work done like right now. Thursday I was so ran down I was actually sick. :sick: Got one day to mellow and back at it on Friday long haul. Now Satureday now got Jacob running up the hill and covering my broken water line. 

Dang Loggers did this last spring and never knew about the line till this fall one of the other neighbors found it for me. Ughhh... :duh:

20201020_130002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Staff

Hey Mike, my trucks still stuck down there near Yosemite. I had to leave it there and fly home. Didn't IBMobile tell you I need to get my RV out of there before the snow flies? We need you to leave right now, paying for all travel time and go fix it. It has bad muffler bearings.  :lol:

• Haha 1

• Staff
7 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

@JAG1 I'll take care of that truck and camper rig for ya. I have the special removal/installation tool for the muffler bearing plate, I'll also check the thrust bearings on the wipers just as a free extra service, then pack the new bearings with good golly miss moly grease.

All is good. As it turns out it was just a very bad nightmare flying home sitting between two Democrats.

After coffee I went outside, realized my truck is here, home safe and back in my neighborhood of very good folks.

Question is.... Where's Dripley?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner
11 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Did you get enough firewood in? This winter may be the one to remember because we've had two rather dud mild ones in a row. so the weathermen are saying good chance for a good one coming.

No. Im short firewood. Only got 2 cords of good red fir. Never had the chance to unload or even split it. I actually need another 4 cords. Not happening now most the high country got foot of snow now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Staff

I need to get after firewood soon to. Seems every weekend fills up with other things that need done "right away" so can't get to it.

Yesterday was replacing a steering rack on my daughter's mercury mountaineer, that was NOT fun. But my daughter jumped in there and was a big help. Proud of her for that. 

I have a combine to get back up and working, we have 20 acres of corn to take off soon. Camper needs to be winterized as well. The fun never stops. Lol

• Like 1

• Staff

Times like that I have had to pay for dry firewood delivered. I think I have done that about 4 or 5 times in 42 years. Problem though is only about half the people have been honest to provide a full cord.

• Sad 1