• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

28 lbs. boost

jag

Buddy has a 2004 - 2500 Cummins that will not make more than 28 lbs. boost. Tried plugging the wastegate (turbo is a 64 - 68 - 14) tried 2 different boost foolers, & a 20 lb. pressure test for boost leaks. Still won't go past 28. The only thing that I can find is the his MAF sensor is just plugged in & hanging there. There is no air box. Also there are no codes. We checked the MAP sensor & it is clean & not setting any codes. He says it made more boost even with it not installed before. Any ideas what else it might be? It also has a old BD fueling box with 3 settings & they don't even make a difference. Fuel mileage is way down to.

He is getting tired of being waxed by 4 cylinders! 

I was just talking to him, & he mentioned that he had injectors put in 30,000 miles ago. I asked him what brand & if they were any bigger than stock. He said they were BD'S but didn't know what size. The shop that installed them is out of business, plus no part number on the invoice. So ends this hunt, but I have to agree with Me78569 being not enough fuel not knowing what they are.

Thank you  

Edited by jag
error in mileage