• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello all Cummins enthusiasts!

Bobsled

Bob here from the Midwest USA. I recently traded my Bobsled (2011 Challenger RT 6 speed car) for a nice clean 2000 Ram 2500. The Challenger was fun in town, but now I live in the sticks and as fun as it was, I couldn't make it of the 1/4 mile lane to the mile of unkept county roads in the sled, not to mention being attacked by rocks the entire way to pavement, if I made it to pavement. This is my first Cummings powered truck, have owned over a dozen 70's Power Wagons and Ramchargers, and one 2005 F-250 6.0 liter SD. I must say that I am overly impressed by my new to me Dodge. I have been a Mopar guy since childhood, owning numerous Challengers, Barracuda's, both small block and my favorite big block RB engines. Even had a 426 Hemi going together! Then life happened, got married, had kids, sold it all. My newly acquired truck is a 2000 2500 24v with a lot of body work already done, trans with 25k miles, new Fass titanium lift pump, new hv44, almost all new suspension, supposedly overhauled engine,(no documentation for the engine) but thousands in receipts for the rest. Said to have bigger injectors, not documentation for those either. Had intermittent dead pedal shortly after bringing it home, new apps which was supposed to be calibrated and drop in, NOT. Left me stuck for a week 3 hours from home/work. Strangely the voltage read 5.6v at idle. Heated the set screw to break the red goop on the threads, backed it down to 5.3 at idle and dead pedal hasn't been a thing since. Also had error codes which is what brought me here in the first place. Previous owner provided a Smarty S03 but never installed it. Previous previous owner had sw1 installed. I talk a lot! I look forward to moving forward with this truck and this community!

Edited by Bobsled
Auto correct stinks!
  • Like 2

• Staff

I've had many gassers, they're fun but, there is just something about that Cummins rattling away under the hood. I catch myself looking at other trucks pulling big trailers and such and think to myself " I could pull that now if needed ". Lol

We have a 3 axle equipment trailer here on the farm that I couldn't pull with my previous trucks. Had to use my uncle's duramax. Trailer is 4000lbs empty, couldn't do it with my half ton. Not with a load on it at least 

• Like 1

Biggest regret was selling my 1977 PW that had a 340 factory replacement engine in it out of a 1973 who knows what car. Should have pulled that 340 and installed a 318 or 360 because we bought a 1973 factory 340 Dart sport a few months later minus the 340... Stupid is as stupid does I guess! Only thing wrong with that 340 in the truck was a broken off motor mount ear. Stupid stupid stupid and I can say it before anyone can call it. The Dart Sport will be getting a stroked 400 when the boy earns the $$ to continue with it.