• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Timing - wanna share some info.

Mopar1973Man

• Staff
On 11/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, LorenS said:

I understand the chart, I'm just pointing out that there is more than one way to raise the Cetane rating, and that chart is likely from "Method 1" at the refinery by removing less volatile hydrocarbons.  I mean, there's a reason we don't burn #6 Fuel Oil despite energy of 152k BTU/gallon, but giant, slow piston speed marine engines do.

Exactly... fuel that is refined with higher Cetane is not the same as pump #2 that has Cetane booster added to it. 

Many fuel stations these days winterize their fuel chemically instead of blending #1 into it. This will also have an effect on the BTU's, in a positive way, over blending.