• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Inspection on the 96

• Owner

Well Gang... I got the Cummins out of the shop and pull the 96 Gasser in to look it over and check fluids and such. Pull the spark plugs and check the gap and condition. Surprisingly the plugs where in excellent condition and only a few needed a bit of tweaking on the gap. I found a coolant leak and the surprise of it was I knew there was one because of the constant loss of coolant but couldn't see it. Then as the truck warmed up everytime you'd smell the sweet smell of coolant... Found it! The leak was on the corner of the intake manifold and the last bolt of the row was not exactly torqued tight... I'm planing on doing much more with this truck very soon... I'm planing on getting the trans shifting better with a new governor solenoid, ATF & filter change, band adjustment, etc... I want to get both of the truck around here working good. So now you might start seeing small write ups on Mopar V8 gasoline engines now too... :thumbup2:

• 8 months later...

hey mike i am going to look at a 96 qclb tommorow witha v8 not sure 318 or 360 until i talk to the guy. its got plenty of extras and everything is supposed to work 122k on the clock. wants $2400. any thing out of the ordinary with yours i might keep an eye out for? thinking about dirving it until i can properly fix the 02.