• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NEW SERVER - First Day

• Owner

We finally made it to the new server. I would like to say sorry for the lost post. This was due to the fact the domain name hand off was done poorly and the time it took for the servers around the world to update there domain name server took longer than expected. So we were posting on the old server for a day. Now e are for sure on the new server... Again sorry for lost of information in the forum. 

I've got lots of work now on my side to do. Like first off the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) package needs to be fully updated, configured, and optimized. Like we moved from MySQL to MariaDB. They basically work the same but small difference in configuring. I've got thing to look at like the email system, web server, etc. All these software have to be tuned and configured yet for the newer software.

Just the quick benchtesting I've done I've seen a vast improvement in page time already. It just going to get better when its all tuned in like my Quadzilla on my truck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Owner

I would like to say sorry for all the downtime this last 6 days. We made the move just fine but found out the javascript for the post box got removed from the database some how. That's why the post box was missing. It took a few days of testing to get sent to the tier 2 tech team and get a gent that can get me the right query for the database and get it to update. Once that was done we got the post box back. Then there was a day of the DNS pointing at the wrong server for up to 24 hours. Again the domain name is hosted by my previous hosting and man can a bunch of Philippines can screw up the DNS for hours. Hence why I wanted the move from that company to the new company which is now all support right here in the USA with people that speak ENGLISH! 

So now I can get back to work tunning and tweaking the software and getting thing secure. Oh the tech team was a bit hampered by my setup. He was trying to do terminal MYSQL commands and he wasn't able to do anything with the login in he was provided by me. 

It does look like there is a required Javascript library missing from the database, which means that it never gets compiled for use on the community. Unfortunately, mod_security seems to be limiting what I can do (which is good for security!).

I know I'm on the right track getting the site secured!... :smart:

ADDITIONAL INFO TO THIS POST...

:stuned:  Ha... I was making that post and the security system trip off and blocked my post and blocked it from even being saved. Then locked me out of the site till I got back to the hosting company to be let back in. The tech was cool and fix it with a filter rule to prevent that from tripping again. :doh:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 2

• Owner
1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

Great job mike! I've said it before but it bears repeating-

THANK YOU so much for all the hard work you do to keep this community up and running smoothly. Gratitude to you my friend!

Thank you as well for the kind comments. It's crazy to sit here going I need to tell the gang what is going on then figure out I'm muted just as bad as even one else. I was even looking at trying to create an email to notify the people but then find out the only solution was to fix the problem quickly. I'll admit I even ponied up the extra $100 to get priority support to get it fixed faster. 

I'm staying quiet for now and just watching the system to deal with bugs more so right now. Then I can add things back in and make improvements on the performance. I've already shaved 2 full seconds off the page load just switching servers. I've not had a chance to do my tune and tweak yet. So it should get faster yet. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:lmao: Yup... I was pissed off going "jeez... Just need to make it take in post." Nope wasn't happening... :cry:

But with all the complex coding in the software I lost track of where to go next. Hence tagged the software "support team" and get this fixed. Sorry for the time lag. :sofa:

You are amazing!!!  Thank you for all your hard work!  Don’t worry about the delays.  This is the stuff of transitioning. It’ll all get sorted and be nothing more than a memory one day soon.

• Owner

I'm seeing minor issues with the MySQL server I need to address soon like there is a upgrade in software. There is also a few tweaks needed in the tables being they are misconfigured as COMPACT which limits amount of data I can store per table entry. I need to change to DYNAMIC so the table can adjust to anything be it big or small.

It seem pretty quick in response here. I've been playing tag with a few members and nearly like live chat with how quick the responses are like @leety came in just ahead of this post and it chimed and her post was marked if I wanted to view. 

@leety It's been a wild ride no doubt. But it starting to calm down and start handling issues as I find them. My biggest thing I want back in the system and make it super fast. I had a cache program that allowed the server to render the information in RAM so instead of processing the page through all the software it can recall parts of the screen from memory and paint it much faster. This will cut a bunch off the page load time and make the site super snappy. I could shave off maybe another full second with a good cache software.

Timings of the current Home Page...

image.png

Oh yeah I set the GUEST access for caching for up to one hour. This means all the new posts here by members will update hourly for the FREE or GUEST accounts. But paid members will see instant updates which this makes it light on the server being it renders from cached files instead of requesting from the server for all the hundreds that are on that side. 

Screenshot from 2020-11-11 14-58-23.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

I'm truly sorry about the down time. I know it sucked big time. Even for me... I wanted to do my billings for job and had no way to do invoices for parts and labor being the entire post box was missing. I'm needing to catch up there and bill out for parts and labor so M73M.com can collect the monies from debit cards and credit cards. This keep my books in better order than doing by hand. 

Then having support tickets coming in and still needed to respond but no post box to reply. 

Again I'm sorry for the down time and lag in responding to all you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm truly sorry about the down time. I know it sucked big time. Even for me... I wanted to do my billings for job and had no way to do invoices for parts and labor being the entire post box was missing. I'm needing to catch up there and bill out for parts and labor so M73M.com can collect the monies from debit cards and credit cards. This keep my books in better order than doing by hand. 

Then having support tickets coming in and still needed to respond but no post box to reply. 

Again I'm sorry for the down time and lag in responding to all you...

It’s all par for the course.  Thank you for making the transition happen!!!!

• Like 1

• Owner

Like I'm up early again at 5am MST, and it 26*F here and cup of hot coffee in hand...

Lurking around the MySQL server and seeing things I need to improve. Then digging around in the server control panel and seeing some thing I need to re-tweak so because of differences in servers. Looking at the caching software that is present and what the actual forum software uses and see which is better. I'm looking for better ways of running from cache than request everyone's pages from the server. I've got a lot of subsystems to go and verify all the setting are good. Being some of the software isn't the same and we are using different things on this server there is fine tuning possibly to gain that added edge. 

Off to the dungeon to do my work...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like I'm up early again at 5am MST, and it 26*F here and cup of hot coffee in hand...

Lurking around the MySQL server and seeing things I need to improve. Then digging around in the server control panel and seeing some thing I need to re-tweak so because of differences in servers. Looking at the caching software that is present and what the actual forum software uses and see which is better. I'm looking for better ways of running from cache than request everyone's pages from the server. I've got a lot of subsystems to go and verify all the setting are good. Being some of the software isn't the same and we are using different things on this server there is fine tuning possibly to gain that added edge. 

Off to the dungeon to do my work...

Thank you for all you do.  You are one of the smartest people I have met.  

• Thanks 1

• Owner

Wow... That the second time I managed to get locked out of my website completely. I was setting up passwords for email and POOF! (Door slams shut and click goes the lock). Your screwed after that. The web pages will not load, none of the tools will load. SSH terminal will not respond. Yup its a rock solid security and even keeps me out.

Now I looking at getting back to running memory cache software to reduce the load on the server by serving cached pages instead from memory. Hit a wall and found out there was a upgrade to the cache software and clashes with the operating system. I have not finish the install of the cache software being there is a install errors. More research needed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1