• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sorry Everyone I haven't felt like participating much Lately.......

JAG1

• Owner

I'm sorry to hear about this. After dealing with my own bladder cancer I really do understand what your up against. Good wishes and all I can say is don't give up. Keep a positive thought every day no matter how bad it gets. As long as you keep your focus on getting better it will give you the strength to endure what your starting. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike and I do.  But as you more than likely may know sometimes it takes an effort to do that.  Was diagnosed with Crohns about 2 weeks ago and then it's like OK when is the next good news going to show up.  Takes some to get over that when for 5 years there is some good news but not really great like no more sickness anywhere.  Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

• Owner
8 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

I am not.  Time goes much faster as you age.  Will be 73 on the second so I do know about that.

I know that feel all so well. It seem like your just a kid a just a few years ago. All you wanted to do is grow up so you could drive, drink, etc. Now you past that markers and it seem like time flies by now at super sonic speed. Hard for me to believe I made to 50 years old. Week blow on by and I'm here going it Friday I can do... OPPS! Actually is Saturday and it closed. 

• Sad 1

• Staff

I find that it's so important to have a project that motivates you into a steam engine. A goal you get real excited about, sometimes I wish I had no garage like Drpley so I could turn into a garage building monster. Always liked that feeling of nothing can stop you from getting it done. Those were my best times building my home and my garage and then quitting the smokes. :thumbup2:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I find that it's so important to have a project that motivates you, turns into a steam engine. Some goal that you get real excited about.  Driply, sometimes I wish I had no garage so I could turn into a garage building monster. 

You could become a garage cleaning monster 😂

• Haha 3

• Owner

How about yesterday. I dove in and changed an entire 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 steering column, converted from standard steering to the highline with stereo controls. Even got the clock spring changed over without breaking it from one wheel to another. That has to swap because the wiring is different from the standard to the highline series. In a mere 2 hours I changed out my landlord steering assembly and had it all changed over with a newer steering wheel, all the controls, and less one bad steering shaft bearing. 

Today I get to play with a Ford 7.3L diesel and my truck with steering issues.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I find that it's so important to have a project that motivates you, turns into a steam engine. Some goal that you get real excited about.  Driply, sometimes I wish I had no garage so I could turn into a garage building monster. 

Well I dont have one but i will when I retire. Building some things like that around here for us will be therapeutic for me. 

• Like 1

• Owner

@dripley you've been in construction for years and will always love to build things. Like myself I've been turning wrenches since I was 14 years old. It when I get free time to work at my own pace and the project I want to do are the most fun. Not looking forward to power steering pump but oh well. It the fact I can turn wrenches on my own truck and enjoy my day. Now the twist in all this is Jacob (Eileen's Son) which is highly interested in mechanic work too. So I've got a apprentice to follow me around and willing to turn wrenches for me. This why the injector job on his 7.3L Ford truck. Doing on the low budget method of pull and clean injectors and reseal them. Going to be fun pulling the 7.3L injectors for the first time. Nope never done injectors on a Ford 7.3L yet. At the same time do the grow plugs too.

Kind of like that... @dripleyit doesn't matter what your building or what challenges await you it the fact of the challenge that keeps you going. I'll still admit there is some things I've never done before, willing to tell a customer even too. Then go out and find that it wasn't so bad. Still get the job done. So for you I don't think you ever get that out of you after all these years. You'll still want to build or make something better around you in the method you know best. Construction... :thumbup2:

• Staff

If someone really want to be a garage building monster I will donate the land in which to build it on. I have plenty or room in my yard for one. :lol:

I need to be the garage cleaning monster you mention. Mine is a disaster right now. To much stuff in there. I need to move the riding mowers to the pole barn for the winter so I have some room to work on things. 

Haven't been able to get much done the past 4 days, been home from work with a torn meniscus, trying to nurse that back to health to return to work.

I have an uncle now in the hospital with covid so now I am concerned about him as well. And today my youngest son (30 yrs old) is getting married. Been laid up but still have things going on everywhere. Geesh

• Like 2