• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A/C Gone...

• Owner

Just a side note about vacuum on the system, I have seens many many systems with slow leaks that hold a vacuum for infinity but add pressure to the system and it will be dead in a few days or less. So do not trust your system based on a vacuum test alone. It will let you know if there is a big leak but won't help on the small ones. As far as adding oil to the system................Don't do it unless you replace a lot of components at the same time or blow a high pressure hose and it blows a lot of oil oit when it blew, the compressors come precharged with all the system should need to operate great. Too many times people add too much oil and then have a poor performing ac system as the freon capacity has diminished.

Thanks for the tip on the vacuum test... As for the oil... I learn my leason long ago about buying freon with a oil charge over time it will flood the system with oil and like you said decrease the performance. So very true... To empty the system of oil might be a bigger PITA that most think...:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can Nitrogen be purchased in aerosol cans, for backyard mechanic use?

never heard of that done considering the youngsters start huffing it. only places to get nitrogen are licensed gas supply shops as far as i am aware, plus a aerosol can will not be able to pressurize a system like this to 150 psi+