• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello From Tri-Cities, WA

Tambs

Hello to all,  

I’ve been lurking a while but finally signed up so I can join in on discussions and ask some questions.   

Bought my ‘01 2500 new in the spring of 2000, and have only put 89K on it.   Thankfully I didn’t have to drive it to work, so that’s why the miles are low.   The engine is bone stock, but I’ve started procuring a few items to coax a few more ponies out of it.  None have been installed yet.  Gauges are probably going on this weekend.   Would like to target the 425-475hp range, and I’m looking forward to soliciting your ideas for how to best go about hitting that goal.   

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• Owner

Just to make a serious jump I would suggest just gettng a Quadzilla Adrenaline which is a nice 180 HP jump in power. Fully adjustable tuner that adjust not only thre fuel but also can adjust timing for the VP44 trucks.

I'm running 150 HP injectors (7x0.010) popped at 320 bar, with the Quadzilla and my Economy tune I'm right at about 500 HP and 19 to 21 MPG. I got the best of both worlds good economy and more than enough power to light the tires up on dry asphalt. Just to give you a feel... As for all the mod check my sig for my modification list and there is 4 pages worth.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I sure will take a look.  500 is a bit higher than I was targeting, but I would guess that that range is probably close to the same budget as my 425 to 475 goal anyway?

I put the details of my truck in the Garage section, as I’ve yet to find the page to add it to my sig. I’ve already picked up a Smarty S-03, but haven’t used it yet.   Just getting started with modding a vehicle.   Lots to learn!

• Owner

Just think the stock engine and injectors with turn 235 HP. Now drop in a Quadzilla Adrenaline tuner and that is capable of 180 HP. So for safety sake that would make 355 HP to 415 HP just with tuner. 

There is a bunch of supporting mods to do to make this happen...

• AirDog 150 or FASS 150 with 1/2" fuel lines is a requirement. (Currently running a AirDog 150)
  • Automatic transmission will need to be upgraded to hold the power.
  • Manual transmission you need to look at better clutch. (Currently running a Valair Dual Disc)
  • If your running over sized tire, then to get your final ratio correct (3.55 to 3.73 to the ground)
  • Suggest looking at ARP 425 studs for above 400 HP as a safety measure. 
  • Possibly look at slightly larger turbo. You can do it on a HX35W but the EGT's might get a wee bit hot. (Currently running HX35/540 Hybrid)
  • 4 inch exhaust. Don't bother with 5 inch your not going above 600 HP.

I can go in to detail on any subject you wish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just think the stock engine and injectors with turn 235 HP. Now drop in a Quadzilla Adrenaline tuner and that is capable of 180 HP. So for safety sake that would make 355 HP to 415 HP just with tuner. 

There is a bunch of supporting mods to do to make this happen...

• AirDog 150 or FASS 150 with 1/2" fuel lines is a requirement. (Currently running a AirDog 150)
  • Automatic transmission will need to be upgraded to hold the power.
  • Manual transmission you need to look at better clutch. (Currently running a Valair Dual Disc)
  • If your running over sized tire, then to get your final ratio correct (3.55 to 3.73 to the ground)
  • Suggest looking at ARP 425 studs for above 400 HP as a safety measure. 
  • Possibly look at slightly larger turbo. You can do it on a HX35W but the EGT's might get a wee bit hot. (Currently running HX35/540 Hybrid)
  • 4 inch exhaust. Don't bother with 5 inch your not going above 600 HP.

I can go in to detail on any subject you wish. 

Thanks Mike.  I started a thread in the Reliability/ Performance section and added some details about how I use the rig as well as how it’s currently set up.   I’ve already purchased some of the items you mentioned (FASS 165, 4" exhaust, BHAF, gauges), but haven’t installed them yet.   A couple of online vendors suggested an ATS Aurora 3000 turbo, or a Fleece Cheetah turbo and 50 or 75hp injectors along with the Smarty S-03.  Not sure these would get me to the mid-400 hp range though, and given that there are a dizzying array of turbo and injector possibilities, I wanted to get a second opinion from you all.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

Welcome to the forums neighbor.

I'm in Athena Oregon so I'm not that far away from Tri Cities.

Thank you.   It seems a lot of the members are in or around the PNW.