• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A Shutter, a stutter, a miss?

On 11/30/2020 at 8:05 PM, Alexio Auditore said:

Fuel pressure does what its done for years, it drops, but not enough to starve to i.p.

What does FP drop to.... my truck had a Fass DDRP and it started to feel like it shut off for a VERY small period of time in very quick succession, it would do this until I backed off a little, only in 4th lockup and on it. FP was dropping to 5psi ish

Ripped the entire fuel system out and redone the lot,   I went mechanical and on it i'm  in the low 20's PSI  never misses a beat now, fuel temps never over 120f and a lot of return flow even at idle 

As for the quad, i've never looked at a timing curve on mine, load a tune and go.... don't have time at the moment to figure it out and with a stock trans it's more than enough on a downloaded tune, I also doubt a quad would cause a vp to quit without it was quitting anyway

31 minutes ago, wil440 said:

What does FP drop to....

As for the quad, i've never looked at a timing curve on mine, load a tune and go.... don't have time at the moment to figure it out and with a stock trans it's more than enough on a downloaded tune, I also doubt a quad would cause a vp to quit without it was quitting anyway

I'll get back with the f.p. here shortly, gotta run up north from here... 

As far as the quad leading to vp death, its not that it would just cause it to die after install, but pushing that much more power through a 19 year old vp.....idk man, may just wait till this one poops out you know.

I bought my Quad and pretty much use it as a timing box and for gauges. Still haven't tapped the pump wire.

However, if you need injectors then I'm not sure how an Adrenaline factors in unless you would buy bigger injectors if you had one.

Ya, at this point, im trying to narrow down the miss. Ill look at the quad later, or if I narrow it down to the EZ being the problem.

Its odd, when I was driving it earlier, It didn't skip a beat...this morning though, it skipped a couple... its hard knowing if the cold weather is playing a factor

54 minutes ago, Alexio Auditore said:

beat...this morning though, it skipped a couple..

I wonder if your intake air was still cold enough that the ECM was adding timing. That 3-4 degrees of timing advance, coupled with weak injectors (pop pressure) advancing timing may been too much, and caused the skip.