• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

headlight upgrade

22 hours ago, IBMobile said:

These are 9007 blubs so are they being used in sport head lamp housings?   I thinking about replacing my none sport headlight lights (9004 blubs)   

These are going in regular housing.  I was concerned about the 9004/9007 difference but in reading the description it said this "9007/HB5 are Dual Beam Bulbs which can achieve Low Beam and High Beam function in one individual bulb, NOT fit vehicles which take separate bulbs for Low Beam and High Beam".

.  There were a couple reviews from other 2nd gen owners saying they worked great as well.  I figure for the price it's worth a shot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20201204_153043_copy_1500x2000.jpg.534cd006f8cf329d34550b865e72c301.jpgIMG_20201204_162740_copy_1500x2000.jpg.73e3b57a0692d2b16da722171bf5b9a1.jpgThat's right, 9007, FYI, I've done collision auto body work for over 30 yrs. (Retired after neck injury) and I've adjusted 1000's of headlights over the yrs. So I've included some pics of properly adjusted lights, my truck is approx 10 ft. from doors, main beam, (hot spots) is approx 39 inches from ground, bottoms of lamps are also 39 inches. Shop's have fancy tools to do this, but I've gotten to know by eye balling after so many years.

I can't say if this will work with after market Len's just have to experiment? Should be similar, just don't know if reflectors will project properly? Get in people's eyes?

Don't even get me started on after market parts! Not trying to offend anyone but from my perspective they're one of the insurance industries biggest scams! If I was unfortunate enough to have an accident, (not my fault) I would insist on OEM parts, most shops won't tell you anything one way or the other. I've never seen an after market part that was better quality, period! And some are just junk. Fine if you're trying to save yourself money, but not better, also be careful in that many policy's require you to use them, buried in the fine print. If you care you might want to check, or pay the difference for quality parts if it matters to you, then again Dodge isn't exactly known for its quality in the first place 🤣

I got my new housings and the bulbs installed...I have no high beams and they cast really irregular shaped patterns.  I'm wondering if they sent me the wrong bulbs.  The box had the right part number on it but being in the auto parts industry, I see misboxed stuff all the time.  I haven't adjusted anything yet, fingers wouldn't work in the cold.  Did you have to clock your bulbs a certain way?  I just turned them until they stopped, LED portions are facing are in the 12 and 6 position.  

Edited by Sycostang67

Clock them at 3 and 9, very important!

I think I had to flip one of them so hi and lo jived.

I also ended up notching out the original lamp locking ring were that wire comes out, not sure that's nesassary but I didn't like the way you have to bend it at a 90 degree angle and possibly upset the way the bulb sits.

Did you take the entire headlight out? I found that to be the way to deal with it, and only takes a few minutes, three bolts each.

Ok, I got them clocked at 3 and 9 and I notched the rings.  The low beams are soooo much better now, it looks like your pics.  I still have no high beams at all though.  I'm not terribly concerned about it as I got used to using my light bar for high beams as the last set of lights only got worse with high beams.  Took a trip through town and nobody flashed me but I feel I need to adjust them down just a bit.  

Glad to hear they're better, like I said hi been is not dramatically different, I'll bet if you look closer they do go up a bit, notice how the " hot spot" on the road goes from in front of the truck to down the road further.

Was I right that you can light up the road now ?!! See what's in front of you and then some?

r