• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stock Ride Height (springs)

I cannot locate in the FSM what the stock ride height should be, and by that I mean from frame to axle as that won't change with tire size.
Can someone out there measure for me, or know what it's supposed to be?  The previous owner had a snow plow on this truck, had 36k pound tags, and clearly used the gooseneck a LOT.
I have tight suspension and recently had an alignment done, but the truck still drives weird.  My frame to axle dimensions are different from passenger to driver's side.

Considering a new set of front springs, but open to suggestions.  I have not checked the rubber isolator in the last 50k miles, but was there when I changed the shocks - obviously that doesn't mean it isn't trashed.

EDIT:  Also, input on variable vs. constant spring rate, and manufacturer would be appreciated.  MOOG CC1710 are the variable, but listed as only being for standard cabs - MOOG apparently doesn't make Quad Cab springs of any kind.  7394 is the constant rate part number.

Edited by LorenS

Thanks, @NIsaacs.  Funny thing is that is the thread that got me to thinking about ride height a couple months ago!  Just used the wrong search words, I guess.  That thread helped, if 13" is normal from spring perch "rim" to bottom of top spring... socket?  Anyway, as indicated in that thread's photos.

I think those NAPA coils are the MOOG/Federal Mogul units.

Edited by LorenS

• 2 weeks later...

Soon as you said your truck drives weird my mind went to castor settings.

Weird and wandering in my mind go hand in hand. 

I'd adjust castor more positive if castor washers aren't already maxed out on the positive. Then test drive she if it improves or stays the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1