• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Two stroke oil comparison

27 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

They can pay by the mile.  I think that's coming to California for every one.  The government won't take a pay cut.

They have to do something. The last time federal gas taxes were raised was in 1993. 18.4 cents a gallon. I imagine the spending power of that tax has been reduced in 27 years.

Edited by dripley

DOT clearly has too much money, they don't need to raise fuel taxes.

"In late 2016, the Department of Transportation gave San Diego a $1.04 billion grant to expand the city’s trolley service…by a whopping 10.9 miles. DOT estimates a total of 24,600 people might ride the trolley each day.”

• Like 1

Well let me ask. If the DOT has too much why are a lot of bridges across the nation in bad shape as in structurally deficient? And some roads I have to drive on for work need attention That 18.4 cents in 1993 is only worth about 10 cents today. I dont like paying taxes any more than the next guy. With all the additional roads the have been built and the old ones that need care, how far can that dime go today? Government waste does not help either.

25 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

79.18 cents per gallon local, state, federal taxes and fees with an added 7.75-10.0% sales tax on the total cost. 

Not too far away from us except... We're per litre and you per gallon, your gallons are smaller but we're still 3.5 to 4 times more £. 

It's all relative though as I live in the midlands so £100 to £200 gets me most places in the UK except for maybe the far north of Scotland. If you paid the same for fuel as us some of you wouldn't get to a shop for £200

• Owner

Add into the study here... @Jthor has a 1995 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke which we are getting prepped to injector clean up and reseal. We done 1, ,3 ,5 on the passenger side head. 7 we didn't get out and do yet. We picked up the seal for the other head and glow plugs. Now all we gotta do is clean up the driver side. In the meantime I got him to grab a bottle od Power Service "Diesel Kleen" grey bottle (400:1 mix). Then going against my own guidelines dropped a shot of 2 cycle (128:1) and took it out for a run and it sure started to clean up the injectors and run a bit smoother. I told @Jthorto run that fuel through on his trip to Boise today. It should help cook the carbon and stuff off the nozzles. 

But we did notice a change in power and even running smoother after about 5 to 7 miles of adding the mix. 

• Staff

That's doesn't really surprise me much. If the truck has never had a good cleaning it will definitely make a difference in short order. I've done this with a few gassers in the past. Amazing what a bottle of good cleaner can do for injectors sometime. It's not always the answer but they do help from time to time.

• Like 1

• Owner

The biggest thing I was noticing in the passenger side injectors both #3 and #5 had crusty ash deposits around the nozzle holes. I can see this fouling the spray pattern. So quick inspect wipe the crud from the nozzles and redo the injector seals. We found #3 had a bad oil seal that was possibly leaking oil back up into the head. (Ford HEUI Injectors) which stands for Hydraulically actuated electronic unit injection.

• Owner

Got quite a few of the Ford 6.9L and Ford 7.3L out here. Then the Fire Dept runs a couple a of Ford 6.0L (Six Ohs!). Now with @Jthorowning a Ford and want to continue down that path sure I'll get my hands dirty learning Ford with him. Back to injectors... The Ford HEUI injector is the closest to the common rail idea. The injection pump and injector are built a single unit. The high pressure oil is used to do the pump work. Then the rest of the injector is most or less the same. Just Ford create a common rail of sort where there is two rails of fuel and oil. The oil again is used ot pump the fuel up to injection pressure. Then the fuel is lift pumped to the injector when the injection event occurs the high pressure oil pumps the fuel up to pressure spraying out the nozzles. 

Problem with HEUI Injectors is if the owner doesn't keep up with oil changes the debris can plug up the sensors, enhance wear of the injectors. Since I'm working with @Jthorhe's learning the right way to extend the life of his truck and making improvements ever day.  

• Staff

Seems like you will be a great mentor for him. I'm assuming he is a younger guy? Best to learn from someone's experience than to just toss parts at something and hope and to learn how to properly maintain things is very important. Especially on an older vehicle, like most of our 2nd gens are now 20+ years old. 

I'm running into that myself a bit. Mine is an '01 and things are starting to wear out, dry out and corrode. Like the return line seals I posted in a different thread. I haven't confirmed yet but I believe they may have a small leak. With nearly 150k on the clock suspension is getting old, shocks are probably going to be in the not so far away future as well. There is alot to maintaining older vehicles, he is lucky to have someone knowledgeable there to assist him.

• Like 1

• Staff

Only thing I can add is that whenever I use Supertech, (which is a long distance for me to go get) I notice it is watery as compared to the other brands I use. I don't know what that means?

I'd like to see a picture of Dieselfuture's favorite place he buys fuel. 

I B7621E9D-83FB-4620-9A58-D1068BF71891.jp2have been adding two stroke for the last 10 years or so, got close to 200k on this injection pump, I waited till I had close to 300k on my original injectors before I changed  then out, I know they were worn out internally but the tips were more less clean, My truck leads me to believe it’s happy with the Penzoil outboard oil, it cost a few bucks more but since it’s what keeps my Mercury outboard alive I can just share it between the two 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I'd like to see a picture of Dieselfuture's favorite place he buys fuel. 

Casey's most of the time, they're all over the place here. This is a newer picture. It used to say the temperature that it was treated to, I bet too many had issues and so they removed it. 

IMG_20201103_154636.jpg

• Thanks 1