• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Electrical questions/troubles

On 1/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, Dumb A said:

This is what I've done so far.

I think you should shop around for parts, some of those prices are more than double what you'd pay if you can wait a few days. Like thermostat and blower resistor. Rock Auto for a Stant Super-stat is $9, Standard Motor Products blower resistor is $22. Plus shipping of course, which is very reasonable with them. Of course sometimes you need it that day, which I understand, too.

Yes, I agree with you. I have to admit I don't really shop much and I know I'm paying a bit more then I should. I did see a Eaton Tru-trac for 935 after I had purchased mine. More then the cost savings was my frustration factor dealing with this truck. It had a lot more wrong with it then I anticipated. The previous workmanship was substandard. For example when I tore into the rear end the carrier bearing had the inner race welded to the carrier to prevent it from slipping. Who does this type of work??? I'm actually enjoying driving it and looking forward to pulling my toy hauler. I'm still performing road trials with about 600 miles on it. Changed my gear oil in the pumpkins rechecked all my torques on the axle, spring mounts, calipers, ring gear, carrier caps, drive line, all good. I couldn't have done this without all of your help. I thank all of you!!!! and look forward to helping you any way I can. 

• Owner

When I'm looking fort parts I typically check the NAPA near me, then start working out from there getting to vendors I have agreements with and then maybe check Rockauto. I will admit RockAuto tend to have good prices but for me the shipping is the killer some times could be weeks to get parts. So RockAuto is the slowest answer. NAPA is the quickest answer but can be expensive. My vendors typically is a 2 to 3 day shipping time but the prices are typically better but the inventory could be limited. 

Kind of like yesterday I'm playing with a 1985 Chevy Suburan with a over fueling issues and MAP sensor code 33. Now I'm calling every where to find a MAP sensor but those old school sensor are hard to find up here. 

21 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I got lucky Thursday, my dad wanted a new serpentine belt and needed an idler pulley replaced. Ordered them from advance, did the same day shipping. He had them at his door and hour later. I was in shock!

I buy things from Advance on line for the 20% off they cant give in the store and just pick it up. Sounds like they may have had it in stock if he got an hour later. That is fast. 

The last couple things I ordered from RA got here in like 3 days. One day quicker than they said economy shipping would take.

I did reseal my vacuum pump, Napa wanted 93 dollars for the kit. I got it on eBay, genuine Cummins parts, 19 dollars and free shipping. Also got the fan hub bearing SKF brand on eBay 28 dollars. I will have a category of spare parts onboard when I travel. I will shop for them and get the best price for quality parts as I will have time to shop for them. I'm in Oregon and had planned on being in Arizona playing on my claims this winter. As it turns out with the uptick of covid-19 I'm going to winter over in Oregon. Up to Alaska for the summer (if Canada opens the border) and down to Arizona next winter.

This is pictures of my toy hauler, before and after. It was rear ended in fog on I-5. I had purchased it from an auction in Riverside. This is what I plan on pulling with my Dodge. Gooseneck style.

MVIMG_20200417_102452.jpg

Screenshot_20200409-180128.png

IMG_20200514_155446.jpg

• Like 1

It took me about 4 months to finish it and was actually fun. This type of work I rather enjoy. I even made the aluminum extruded siding as I couldn't purchase it from the factory. They didn't make that style any longer.