• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible Game Changer for lighting our trucks $211

• Owner
3 minutes ago, dripley said:

I need to correct my statement @Mopar1973Man. I stated that I had faith that you were blinding oncoming traffic. I meant to say you were NOT blinding on coming traffic. Sorry for the omission of the word. I have more faith in you than that my man.

Don't sweat it I figured it on my own... You must of had a bird brained moment. :lmao:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Evan said:

So morimoto is semi helpful but not realy.

On my own I figured out what was stated above. 9007 9004 are reversed high low beam.

The 2stroke 3.0 is listed as a 9004/9007 bulb the bulb is wired as a 9007 wich is reversed hi low in a truck with 9004. Make sense? I believe someone mentions earlier. 

These bulbs are not symmetrical too to bottom morimoto has now said to rotate the bulb 180 to correct reversed high low. I said that bulb is designed to run upside down. 

Morimoto seems to give information but only when I dig myself and confront them with the info.

I notice the gtr ultra bulb is also a 9094/9007 replacement bulb so its also likely to also be reversed 

The sv4 is sold as 9004 or 9007 not as a single bulb to replace either the sv4 is also a upper led bulb contender 

Im currently am running the bulb as it should be wich means my hi low is reversed.  Thinking on repinning my headlight plug to correct it.

Im also wondering about sport 

Im now thinking about ordering sport housing and a second set of bulbs along with a bright box.

9007 might be correct in the sport high spot 

90049007wiring_d015ab77250d7c31a8eedee0560f7b98891085f8.jpg

Are you going to try and rotate the bulb just see what happens?

• Owner
7 minutes ago, Evan said:

I'd been running it reversed in upside position.  Just flipped it to its correct orientation.  Cutt off is better now. Is probly livable in upside down orientation 

This right here would make me cringe now flipping bulbs positions trying to make a good light pattern. :sofa: Being the reflector is going to reverse the pattern again. be careful you not changing elevation of the cutoff. 

Still the bad part is no matter what you do with bulbs and types of bulbs the pattern is only as good as the reflector. If the reflector part of the headlight is low quality then the rest of the pattern going to be poor regardless of what brightness of bulb, LED or Halogen the pattern will be poor. Again like my 1996 Dodge I went LEDs and Clear lens headlights. The reflectors or poor quality so the pattern is too. It might be brighter but hotspotted on the pavement. I'm going to see about get @Wet Vetteto run my 1996 Dodge out to a open area and let you compare both trucks. 

1996 Dodge 1500 with clear lens headlights and LED's bulbs -= VS. =- 2002 Dodge 2500 with Morimoto HID's. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I thought these were interesting.  I wish there was a local place I could check them out.  Not that I need headlights since I have the D2S projectors, but in case I buy another truck or to let others know about them.  If nothing else, they may be awesome for retrofitting.

http://www.anzousa.com/dodge-ram-1500-94-01-ram-2500-3500-94-02-projector-h-l-halo-black-clear-amber-ccfl.html

For anyone like Styx with Too Much Time on their hands, here's (one of?) the federal regulations for lights.  I certainly have not intention of reading all that, but thought I'd share!

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=7d443eb75ceba033fed91e90f816b574&node=se49.6.571_1108&rgn=div8

• Owner

Your first link, I can tell you those are poor quality as well comparing to the Morimoto HID's. I've got several pups out here running those and still no where as good as the HID's. Most of them are looking for better lights yet even with these...

http://www.anzousa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/111065_11.jpg

Problem is the still using a halogen dual filament or LED dual filament. hi/lo has to be reflected out the lens yet. Where Morimoto HID is a single filament and uses a shutter to make hi and lo beam cut off exact.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I do believe them to be awesome but I can't say the same for morimoto or the retrofit source neither very helpful or informative 

Only reason I went morimoto was because I got on the damn mike bandwagon instead of doing my own research.  That got me badass upside down lights.

But now we know.

The 2stroke beam is far better than the sv4 my freind has them

There cannot be one replacement bulb for 9004 and 9007 

20210216_214137.jpg

• Owner

Not a very straight cut off... Possibly blind people there. So your hi part the beam hump would be the point you would have to lower to keep that out people's eyes. 

20210216_214137.jpg

Morimoto HID and PIAA LEDs within the envelope of the Morimoto beam path. Still cut off straight. Nothing is above my cutoff line light wise and never blind anyone on lo beam.

morimoto low.jpg

Hi Beam different story. The path of light is about 20 foot out my driver side past the ditch and then the passenger side another 50 foot in the field, then the top of the bean is over 50 foot tall at 1/2 mile or so. You can see that full 1/2 mile ot the corner and there is a little trailer parked on the hillside road. 

morimoto high.jpg

This is why I'll challenge anyone tell me old school lights reflector style is going to light better and also keeping the light out of everyones eyes. Just can't do it with reflector styled lights.

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Your first link, I can tell you those are poor quality as well comparing to the Morimoto HID's. I've got several pups out here running those and still no where as good as the HID's. Most of them are looking for better lights yet even with these...

http://www.anzousa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/111065_11.jpg

Problem is the still using a halogen dual filament or LED dual filament. hi/lo has to be reflected out the lens yet. Where Morimoto HID is a single filament and uses a shutter to make hi and lo beam cut off exact.

My internet research indicates that both the H7 and 9005 are single-filament bulbs.  They probably aren't as good as our D2S retrofits, but are they better than the "stockish" lights?  The stockish lights I put on my truck had a non existent cutoff, and errant light beams.  Somewhere on this site are those photos.  Those same properties didn't change when I installed the Morimoto 9004/9007 HID kit, they were just amplified.  So, I wound up buying different (clear lens) housings, and not much changed.  So, I then bought the rest of the pieces I needed for the D2S conversion.  Quite happy with them until I replaced my radiator and forgot to re-fasten the wiring and the engine fan had a meal...  Replaced lots of parts and I still don't have my high beams!  No knock on the lights, I just need more time for diagnosing the issue.

If a guy is willing to do the labor himself for baking off the lens, it's actually pretty easy and not much more money than fancy LEDs.  But, I pieced the parts together from their 'seconds' and 'returns'.  I don't care if the box is damaged, it's just going in the trash anyway.  The downside is that if it's your first rodeo with this, it's best to set aside a whole day "just in case".  I ran my old lights while I built my new ones, so it was no big deal and could do the project in parts when I had time.

Morimotor told me to run the lights upside down. 

That was it im done washed.

Im emailing gtr now to see wich way the ultra is wired 9004 or 9007.

I do like the 2stroke 3.0 unreal light improvement compared to the stockish bulbs. I have walked about 200yds away from the truck and don't feel they blind me. Less so than alot cars that blind me  with theyre bright as **** whatever lights theyre running.

I've also come to realize photos and words of lights can't be trusted from the internet.

Going off mikes or anyone else photos I couldn't say wether the 2stroke is way worse or close or ho-hum.  But every one always loves what they run.

I would say if a person is willing to repin or run these upside down that these are a very substantial improvement over stock. 

If it wasn't for these issues I'd love them. 

Im liking these lights but have a bad taste for morimoto part of it was due to being all email but I didn't feel I ever talked to someone that eats breaths sleeps light. Mike needs to have theyre emails forwarded to him. He'd do a much better job and might convert a few who may be on the led hid fence.

Made a few adjustments on driver side and punched passenger a few times.  Got them realigned better after flipping bulbs to propper orientation.  Might go for a drive and see if I can tell a difference 

It doesn't look hard to re pin the truck side. But yes bulbs are fixed in less I cut theyre wire and swap thd wires around before the plug or wire a new plug on.

Here's a vid. After a quick drive im liking how I have them adjusted

Mike will point out the dark spot on drivers side. 

I did play with bulb depth tonight they seem to work best shoved as deep in the housing as theyl go.

Haven't had any one flash me yet. 

You'd think all this light talk would make me get my cab lights all going. Damn things.

20210217_213149.jpg

Edited by Evan