• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New tires!!!

Yep you are looking at them. Mine are power and heated. At least they say they are heated, I haven't tried them yet to see for sure!:thumbup2:

for some reason i had it in my head that those mirrors had heat but not electric adjust. i could stick my hand out the drivers window, but there's no way i could reach the passenger's mirror(i can in the ranger). i like the look of those mirrors, but do not want to loose features

for some reason i had it in my head that those mirrors had heat but not electric adjust. i could stick my hand out the drivers window, but there's no way i could reach the passenger's mirror(i can in the ranger). i like the look of those mirrors, but do not want to loose features

I am almost positive they have electric/heated versions of that mirror. But they are $$$

Steve White Motors. That's where I got mine..

I am almost positive they have electric/heated versions of that mirror. But they are $$$

Yep that sounds like the right place!!:thumbup2: I will say they take a while getting used to them. Backing up takes a little bit of practice since the passenger mirror is flat and you see different!!!:thumbup2: The ones I got for $180 are heated and power!:thumbup2: I guess heated, that's what they say, too warm to tell!:thumbup2:

Well I really like the looks of the tires, but they haven't done my milage any favors. I just fueled up and averaged 15.5 MPG........:banghead::banghead::banghead:I used to get 18 mpg, I just can't believe I lost that much just for going a couple of inches taller. I guess this was another mistake I made..... I put it on my resume` of mistakes... wait I think that's all I have one there.:thud:

Well I really like the looks of the tires, but they haven't done my milage any favors. I just fueled up and averaged 15.5 MPG........:banghead::banghead::banghead: I used to get 18 mpg, I just can't believe I lost that much just for going a couple of inches taller. I guess this was another mistake I made..... I put it on my resume` of mistakes... wait I think that's all I have one there.:thud:

And you wonder why Mike says over and over big tires kill mileage :lol: He changes his tires out to get firewood, then puts the others back on when he is done. I think tall skinny tires wouldn't hurt you much, maybe even gain you a little. Mine are so small that I do 70mph around 2050RPM. It works out good because it puts my 55mph RPM at around 1625. I get 27mpg with that setup at 55mph. 4.10 guys would probably seen an increase with tall skinny tires as well. The problem is when you go to tall FAT tires, you have more surface area (friction) and more rotating mass.

Yeah but one more thing to think about. My speedo is off and so is my odometer, therefore making my milage calculations off. Before school was 16.7 miles away with the 33s; Now with the 35s it is only 15.6..... I love it when roads lose over a mile overnight!!!!:lol:Now I need to get it re-calibrated so my odometer is right!!:thumbup2:

same with mine. At slower speeds (sub 35mph) the speedo vs. GPS are within 1mph. At 60, the speedo is 4-5mph slow.Even over a 90% highway trip on a tank, the odometer showed 328mi. The GPS showed 367. It still only averaged out to 14.1mpg (seems with 1/8 tank left, I can only get 25-26gal in. Just a hair below 1/8 tank, I will run out of fuel; been there, done that... :mad: It happens within minutes of the "low fuel" indicator turning on... If I had a Smarty or equivalent, I could calibrate the speedo accordingly, but that still doesn't change the fact that my stock 24valve gets far less mpg's than 'turned up' 12 valver.. :rolleyes: It get's 25-26mpg on the highway, over a tankful, at 65-68mph.

same with mine. At slower speeds (sub 35mph) the speedo vs. GPS are within 1mph. At 60, the speedo is 4-5mph slow. Even over a 90% highway trip on a tank, the odometer showed 328mi. The GPS showed 367. It still only averaged out to 14.1mpg (seems with 1/8 tank left, I can only get 25-26gal in. Just a hair below 1/8 tank, I will run out of fuel; been there, done that... :mad: It happens within minutes of the "low fuel" indicator turning on... If I had a Smarty or equivalent, I could calibrate the speedo accordingly, but that still doesn't change the fact that my stock 24valve gets far less mpg's than 'turned up' 12 valver.. :rolleyes: It get's 25-26mpg on the highway, over a tankful, at 65-68mph.

Yeah after doing the math in another thread, I'm getting about 16.4 mpg with the 35s. I'll see what it does after I get the speedo set like it should be and I can get accurate readings!!:thumbup2:

not to hijack, but I put my tow mirrors and brackets on last night.. took about 30 mins.. just need a little fine-tuning on the driver's side top stud, where it hits the mirror controller.. I, too, got the heated/power ones, same place (am-autoparts or whatever)..

not to hijack, but I put my tow mirrors and brackets on last night.. took about 30 mins.. just need a little fine-tuning on the driver's side top stud, where it hits the mirror controller.. I, too, got the heated/power ones, same place (am-autoparts or whatever)..

SWEET!!!:thumbup2:

• 3 weeks later...

Just for an update:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've got about 1600 miles on them so far and really like them. I get compliments on them all the time!! I think I do need to take them back in and have the balance checked as I get a bit of rough riding above 65 mph. He said they might just need to rebalance a couple of them.:thumbup2: