• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rocker panels cab corners

• Staff

That Guy, very cool. Lucky to have no compound bends or curves to deal with. In a sense, made to last because you can work on it instead of scratching your head. Or like IBMobile, who is very smart.... drives 1500 miles to my place and has me do all the scratching. :lol:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Staff
On 12/11/2020 at 6:28 AM, Doubletrouble said:

A buddy of mine used it on a trans am bandit car and loved it. 

''

Eastwood Internal Frame Coating tested here.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:29 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've been using waste oil and spraying up in the body structure as much as a I could.

Diesel engine waste oil tested here.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:29 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

Looks like fluid film for the win.

I've researched that stuff before but I did not see the video comparing used oil to fluid film (and others). Seems fluid film is the way to go. 

Thanks for that @IBMobile!

I've looked around a bit after seeing the video. Fluid film is a little pricey but if it works as good as shown it would be worth the investment.

• Like 1

I use fluid film and it’s the best stuff out there, I highly recommend it. It’s lanolin based and doesn’t get everything nasty like oil. Well worth the cost because it sticks really well, I only do one coating a year in fall.

Edited by Ralph_5.9
  • Like 1

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/collision-repair-us/featured-products/cavity-wax-plus/

Here's my vote for inside rocker panels, etc.

Ideally before you can see daylight 😱

You need the spray applicator that sprays it with a long hose 360 degrees, snake it in to those hard to reach places.

Underneath I think I'm going to find a rust converting primer and then undercoat.

Fluid film might be a great product I just have a slight personal bias I suppose, wouldn't be allowed in the body shop, would be like spraying wd-40 on everything, it would cause a nightmare in the paint shop.

11 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Do you know where to get one by a chance, I'm thinking about making one but if I can buy one cheap I'll just do that.

https://www.amazon.com/SEM-71120-Rust-Preventer-Aerosol/dp/B00BI28HCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=anti+corrosion+applicator+wand+kit&qid=1608066444&s=automotive&sr=1-19

Seems kinda spendy. $15 !!

I'll bet you could make one out of a

of small plastic hose, and drill some tiny holes in it and plug the end.

Do you have a local body and paint supply store?

Thaa 3m kit comes with three wands but $28 - $38 does seem kinda steep. Reality sets in when the shop isn't paying for it 🤣, I might research one of those brand x on amazon that actually give you a wand with there product??

Or get one just for the wand?

Or just make one Lol🤔

At work we had a body shutz gun with a longer hose that you could fish into small passages and reach anywhere.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, dieseldon said:

https://www.amazon.com/SEM-71120-Rust-Preventer-Aerosol/dp/B00BI28HCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=anti+corrosion+applicator+wand+kit&qid=1608066444&s=automotive&sr=1-19

Seems kinda spendy. $15 !!

I'll bet you could make one out of a

of small plastic hose, and drill some tiny holes in it and plug the end.

Do you have a local body and paint supply store?

Thaa 3m kit comes with three wands but $28 - $38 does seem kinda steep. Reality sets in when the shop isn't paying for it 🤣, I might research one of those brand x on amazon that actually give you a wand with there product??

Or get one just for the wand?

Or just make one Lol🤔

At work we had a body shutz gun with a longer hose that you could fish into small passages and reach anywhere.

Thanks, would never guess to search under wand lol, looks like a pack of 6 in that link, but reviews say only one:think: guess it's not horrible for 6 but yeah a bit steep for some hose and tiny brass piece that some say comes off. I suppose it can't be too heavy or it'll be hard to get through cavities. I'll see if I can make something quick and test it with paint. 

I also got few cans of fluid film coming to try out, seems to be great for how easy it is to use. 

Oh man... There's no end in sight :ahhh:

Inner rockers are gone too, at least towards corners, goodbye sapporo... what am I getting in to, now thinking taking box and doors off, or jus say who cares and put the beer cans back.PXL_20201216_201929633.jpg.8ce9c63190aa50cb70a4f7f9f867aab0.jpg

Got my eBay rockers in, looks like corners are made by chl in Taiwan and rockers made by motor city in livonia, MI. Rockers are longer then the cab, need to be trimmed to fit, which I guess is ok depends on who needs what cut out. They don't look to be an exact fit and will need some work, hopefully I can get them to work. 

PXL_20201216_195903209.jpg.7593d6f275555c0e7ea84aa8362bf0ba.jpg

PXL_20201216_205837720.jpg.5b67de70897d7c7eaf67674c7c495215.jpg

Taiwan is looking to be a bit thicker than usa, shouldn't be a huge deal, probably more important quality of steel and fitment more, then protective coating.

PXL_20201216_195117531.jpg.67334d3ee0962598f0fa8f417cba97ad.jpg

PXL_20201216_195246315.jpg.bd6fe9e69bd330fe92c5d06bfeeb8e1e.jpg

Maybe they can bend me some out of SS, it looks like that's all they use is a break.

• Like 1