• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rocker panels cab corners

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Ok I've seen enough of this truck for this week. Just needs a little more bed liner paint and I'm calling it good. This bed liner spray on first coat runs way too easy, started to look better on second coat, see on the box, and of course I ran out.

Goodbye supporo cans, at least on the cab...

black looks pretty good, matches my bumbers.PXL_20201220_211941173.jpg.a844f7f1ce71df8b128935062e1bf364.jpg

What kind did you use?

Just wanted to add if you haven't popped four plugs on the backside of rockers and haven't cleaned in there for a while it's not a bad idea, I believe @Mopar1973Man brought that up in the past. Oh man I thought I had most of it cleaned out when I had cab corners off, I use the long piece of stiff wire and bend a hook on the end just scoop out as much as I could, then some shopvac and compressed air, looked clean enough then I decided to spray a bunch of degreeser (because previously I sprayed a bunch of motor oil in there) and hose it out, wow bunch more garbage came out. Now that it's clean I used  some rust converter and a coat of paint with my home made spray nozzle, the last thing to do is drawn it in fluid film, believe me this stuff will be everywhere and I'm hoping that it works so I don't have to do this for a long time. I also did have a gap between the twin cab light housing and the body of a truck, when I pulled it off the gasket was wet, inside of the cavity it didn't look rusty or wet, but for safe measures I threw away the gasket and used some exterior window and door for a house cuz that's all I had won't be leaking now if it did before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 12/11/2020 at 2:17 PM, Doubletrouble said:

@Mopar1973Man, I've been wanting to do the oil spray trick myself. Bought a 1 gallon sprayer just for that actually. Do you spray just oil or cut it with a little diesel? I've heard the diesel will help it creep into the tiny spots.

Engine oil will hold up the longest. Just look when you have an oil leak and its scattered to the rear bump it takes forever to was off. Now diesel fuel is light oil and typically wash off in a short time. Blend the diesel and engine oil and be on the thick side will work the best. This si poor man way but better than doing nothing. 

I keep all of my waste oil for various uses. Use it for keeping wood from rotting or rust protection or even mosquito control and starting fires.

The entire underside of my truck beads water, but a lot of that was before my time and several oil leaks. At least there is no rust.