• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Milestone, sort of........

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dieselfuture started this hijack not me.

I dont know who started it but fine job of hijacking was done.

And @Doubletrouble we appreciate the opportunity the you presented us. Congrats on the 150k.

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

If a rooster crows I'm outer space can you hear it?

Yes, as long as we all stay in the space ship.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, JAG1 said:

How many of you guys ever owned a real POS gasser that screwed over your budget and was not built right so it helped prompt you into buying a Cummins ?

I can easily raise two hands on that question.

Both my neighbor and his son. Neighbor had a 96 vortec before buying a Cummins, his son bought a 06 SRT 10 1500 and it has spent way more time in the shop than actually in the driveway. He also bought a Cummins.

Me personally, my old 94 throttle body infection c1500 doesn't actually have enough power to hurt itself, but it does drink the fuel to the tune of 14 mpg. Cummins can touch mid 20's.

• Like 1

I'll kI've worked on enough POS in my life that's how I came to a conclusion that I need a cummins for an engine, just happened to be in the Dodge body. This is part of the reason I got new venture6 speed, new processed tcase, with Dana axles. The least I could do to lower the blow below the belt buckle. Now if I was dynamic I'd be happy with an automatic I suppose. Originally I was looking for a 2003 excursion with 7.3 or f350 4 door....... stupid fiat didn't know how to make a 4 door at the time, well I couldn't find any decent ford's and this truck came up out of nowhere, was a spear of the moment thing, grabbed cash just in case drove it guy wanted it gone said make an offer and so now I have a dodge, but it does have a cummins in it. I do like it just wish it was a 4 door, maybe I'll get a excursion/suburban one day and stuff this thing in it. 

• Like 1

Bought mine barely running, Trashed interior and the fact I could only do 35 from Camp Pendleton to naval base San Diego sucked.

Also bought it knowing I wanted a 1 ton for when I got out I could travel from north to south with the mud truck without issues. 
fast forward a few years it’s got 384k on it and has travelled coast to coast more than I can count with a trailer attached. Currently Makes the 5 day commute for work without issue, since the 318 in 95 1500 is done for at a hard life of 287k. 

going to be one of those vehicles that stay around till the frame rots in half. Just glad I had dumb luck and got lucky with the truck I picked up. 

Edited by Towrigdually
  • Like 2

• Owner
10 hours ago, Towrigdually said:

going to be one of those vehicles that stay around till the frame rots in half. Just glad I had dumb luck and got lucky with the truck I picked up.

Kind of like myself... Bought new in October 2002 for $32,000 with only 43 miles on the odometer. Now Been back and forth to Boise- Ontario so many times in 5 years that I've now racked 424k miles (roughly 1.1k to 1.5k a week) on the odometer. Engine is stronger that a 5th gen (500 HP to the ground). Still going strong. Mine is another that will be around till the frame rust in half.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Staff

That was another issue I had with the 1999 suburban I had mentioned earlier. The frame had some serious rust from under the front seats forward to the engine mounts. Terrible. Had to patch in some metal to strengthen it. 

First things I looked at in my dodge was the frame and checked to see if it was the infamous "53 block". Good on both fronts so I jumped on it.

So far she's been a great truck, has some minor issues. It is a basic work truck with no options really. It was worked for the short 138k miles that were on it when I got it. I'm just working on catching up on some maintenance that should have been done. As far as I can tell the oil was changed and I believe the vp44 was replaced along with the lift pump which is now a fass ddrp.

I feel I have a great low mileage platform to do pretty much what ever I would want in the future. My plan is mainly upgrades for reliability with a little extra power. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Mine is another that will be around till the frame rust in half

Fluid film :shifty:

8 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

First things I looked at in my dodge was the frame and checked to see if it was the infamous "53 block". Good on both fronts so I jumped on it.

This was my exact strategy when looking

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my 99 in September of 2008 with 68,000 miles and it was bone stock. It has 168,000 miles now and has been through a few variations to get to where it is now. I’m sure I’ll never stop buying new parts for it or trying different things with it. It has been the best vehicle I’ve ever had, and I still grin every time I look at it. I’m new to this community and am excited to be here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nathan S said:

I bought my 99 in September of 2008 with 68,000 miles and it was bone stock. It has 168,000 miles now and has been through a few variations to get to where it is now. I’m sure I’ll never stop buying new parts for it or trying different things with it. It has been the best vehicle I’ve ever had, and I still grin every time I look at it. I’m new to this community and am excited to be here. 

Welcome. I am sure find a couple other folks that feel the same way. I know I am one of them. Had mine since new in 01.

Up until 2 years or so ago I couldn't afford to buy one as building own house and various other stuff going on I settled for a 3500 4x4 5.9V8, which I've had for maybe close to 20 years now, still got it but it is parked.

Finally managed to steal my 2500 from the p/o, not literally I'll add,  it needed some work but about all ok now

I love both for different reasons, tow a house down with the 2500, smooth as and cool as in the 3500.... neither is or ever will be for sale, one of them will take me to the bone yard.... odds on the 2500 as it is not rusty