• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crisis Proportion or Covid Craziness.......

JAG1

When I had the Commie Cold in early October I was just exhausted a few days and tired for about a week after that. No fever, no breathing issues. Weird how different folks respond to it.

Wife got tested and had it, too, so pretty sure it wasn't a false positive. She had same symptoms as me. She had the H1N1 way back and said that was WAY worse for her. That killed a LOT more kids than Wuhan ever dreamed of and they didn't close schools.

My mom is 65 and got it, thankfully no problems for her, either. A high school classmate's mom got it and it killed her; she wasn't doing very well beforehand so it was more like the proverbial straw and camel back.

• Like 2

• Staff
19 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Being away from people is super simple for us here. I'm 15 miles from Riggins, ID and 20 miles from New Meadows, ID. Now being out here and working from home makes it better again don't have to mess with people. 

Onliest reason Mr Nelson lives way out in the Boonies is because I saw him with a big long black hair wig and mask pictured on a wanted poster in the post office.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 3

• Owner

Touche` :whistle:

Just like you I've gotta duct tape your hands to the chair arms. If you let this man loose near my bolt pile he will make sure the entire can of bolts is stuffed in his charge air pipe. @JAG1would pick up a bolt and ask "where does this go?" the proceed to drop it and of course doesn't make it to the floor. After several moments of hunting I found the bolt in the intercooler on the drivers side.

• Haha 2

• Staff

I pray we all have a better year this time around. I do notice more and more good people seem to be making a better stand at practicing God's precepts. Lets all buck the trend and do good, however small, to others. Happy New Year everyone.

• Like 3

• Staff
On 12/28/2020 at 8:37 AM, JAG1 said:

I just did a small calculation on death rate for areas that have restrictions versus Florida that has no restrictions. Death rates are nearly the same or even a little bit less in Florida.

Is that deaths per people with COVID, or deaths per capita? 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:37 AM, JAG1 said:

Anyone care to do another comparison? Tell us weather masks and other restrictions are making any difference? I'm all ears on this.

Thanks in advance

My biggest issue with the masks is that there is no requirement for certain kinds of masks. Cloth masks may reduce spittle and vapor from leaving your mouth but they do nothing for air. The virus easily fits thru a cloth mask. So by mandating masks but not what kind of mask you’re just making people feel better without the science backing it. 

Surgical masks are great, but only protect others not yourself. 

N95’s protect yourself but not others. 

If you look at people working in/around the virus they will have a N95 covered with a surgical mask. This provided 2-way protection, and often a face shield.

• Like 1

• Staff
On 12/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, JAG1 said:

I just did a small calculation on death rate for areas that have restrictions versus Florida that has no restrictions. Death rates are nearly the same or even a little bit less in Florida.

AH64ID,

My original post was a per capita figure that .001% of the overall population in the U.S. has died from the Corona virus. One death per 1,000 people.

My second post was a comparison between florida, which has no restrictions and the rest of the U.S. using the death rate among people that tested positive for the virus. Surprisingly Florida's death rate is about a half a percent less than the rest of the U.S. Now there could be much better comparison in numbers, meaning Florida stands a change of having even better numbers still, because using the average death rate for those testing positive for the whole US is not a good comp because there are a few more states going without restrictions that got mixed into the averages across the U.S.

I thought it was interesting to see Florida doing better with no restrictions at all and was a quick numbers comparison. With their great weather there means more people are outside which I think plays a big part in staying healthy. not being locked up inside.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

It’s not surprising that Florida is slightly better than the national average on the death rate based on people testing positive, just as with an illness climate does play a role. 

Here’s the million dollar question, what is the positive rate per capita? That’s what will tell you if the masks are working or not. 

Death rate of people infected is not effected by masks, nor is it expected to be. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1

• Staff

Interesting too is Oregon and Washington seem to have lower infection rates. I wonder if that has to do with the greater amounts of incoming Pacific storms and fresh air pushing in from the ocean and greater amount of rain to help freshen the air.

27 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Pandemic Party Pooper Police (PPPP) telling a bunch of questionably impaired  people to get in their cars and drive away.  Maybe the police set up a sobriety checkpoint at the bottom of the hill.

Many of those people took a shuttle buss up the mountain to get there and had not cars.

The question is why were they having a party with 200 people in a house during a pandemic?

And they had the road completely blocked so none of us could get in or out.  If we were in high fire season that would be a serious threat.  It's a fire road and not cars are supposed to be parked along it anywhere.  

They are required out my way but no one is enforcing it except in liquor stores. They usually have a cop inside and they wont sell to you with out one. Still quite a few folks not wearing them and no one wants to be confrontational. Some folks get way out of hand along those lines and do not react well. I know I forget it every once in a while and no one stops you but I do put it on when I remember. It is really a pretty easy thing to do and better than doing nothing. 

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

US scientists study coronavirus to combat covid-19 outbreak - The  Washington Post

This is what the scientist wear to protect themselves from COVID-19... But hey your little cloth mask will do just fine. :rolleyes: 

Yeah, our little piece of cloth will do nothing. But hey, we are all just minions anyway. They need to get the population down somehow.

Around here they have signs in the stores "No Mask No Service"

• Sad 1

Masks are just a stepping stone towards what's next, shots, then other things will come, slowly but surely. The agenda is moving forward as planned many years ago and yet so many are fooled and believe the garbage on tv. Don't think for a second it'll be same as a year ago, see china....? coming to town near you in not so distant future if we keep bending the way wind blows. This world has gone mad money rules, people sell out thinking they will be speared because they obey, in the end all will be in same :stirthepot: the man that will save this place came here once before because none of us are good enough and it seems that he will be coming back soon maybe sooner then we think, if there are those that still do that. 

• Like 1