• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another quad - mpg question

On 12/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, dieseldon said:

It's too bad quadzilla doesn't explain their product a little better with youtube videos, more in-depth instructions or?? , just generic bare minimum, leaving people like me scratching their heads not knowing up from down. I really gotta wonder if they even understand it as well as you?

It is explained in as much detail as I could :)  There is even a youtube video..

LorenS, thanks for taking time to clarify!

Glad to hear it wasn't just me 😂

So, do you just leave it at 40% now  for all driving conditions or do you or should one change it if you're going to be changing from 70 to 80 for a while , or you're going to be driving slow city stop and go for a few days?  That's how it is here where I live.

Have one tune for cruising 70, one for 80, city, etc ??

I think it's hard to understand how compeatly confusing this stuff is for someone that's new to the diesel world, (myself) hence why I joined the forum.

Even in the "gas world" I know my way around most aspects of a vehicle but I am no gear head/engine mechanic or tuner, were one plays with and really understands timing, and how it affects mileage/power. My specialty is auto body/ collision repair.

Still need to get out and do this, like I said not my daily driver, (partially because of mediocre mileage) but should have enough info now to get this done!

Thanks again to all for help and patience!

1 hour ago, dieseldon said:

do you just leave it at 40% now  for all driving conditions or do you or should one change it if you're going to be changing from 70 to 80 for a while

I don't believe changing it should be necessary.  If you set that Low Load Timing just a couple of percent above your normal, flat ground cruising Engine Load at say 65-70 MPH, then you know the engine isn't straining and can handle a little 'stress' of advanced timing.  If you're going 80, or 65 up a grade, or towing a trailer, then the engine load will be higher and the Quad will not allow the higher timing, thus saving your engine/head/etc.  With your bigger injectors, you likely won't have a cruising engine load as high as mine.

It is recommended to have different tunes for different things, like Towing versus Sportscar or Economy; towing you will likely have long duration of heavy load, and also will want to get moving even at the cost of a little fuel economy.

I'm no expert at any of this, either, so if I said something wrong hopefully one of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in.