• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FORD - For Only Retarded Drivers

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I'm going to start posting the dumb crap I'm seeing on the highway. Last night on my way home from Lewiston ID. I just left Riggins, ID and following a Swift Truck (driving 35 MPH in 55 MPH) and 2 other little vehicles (Both Fords). I seen I had a chance to pass one vehicle and tuck back in line. So I lay into the power and start to slip back in the Ford stomps on his brake pedal heading for the ditch this force me to step on the throttle and over take him a second vehicle. I've never seen such a "D__k move ever" If the Ford would of just keep his cruise control going I would just slip in behind him and waited for the next passing area 2 miles away. Nope he flat out stomped the brakes and dove for the ditch. :wtf:

The lead vehicle in front of me does not have to drive from me but drive for himself. Stupid FORD... For Only Retarded drivers. Even driving a Ford ranger with hazed over headlight and on HI BEAMs even better. :duh:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Haha 1

• Staff

I have seen some very twisted moves lately while driving. Seems to be getting worse not better. Bible says in the later days people will be drunk with materialism, selfishness, rivalries, lovers of themselves, haters of others, wise in their own conceit. I see it coming.

Spiritual lesson for today :pray: Pray for others and enjoy being good and doing the right thing with sincerity of heart. :thumb1:

• Like 3

I see a lot more of ford on the road here too. Endless examples, try to pass not bothering anyone and they step on the gas so you can't, get behind them thinking they're going to pickup the speed, nope they slow right back, then second time I pas I don't give them any me nice guy. Last guy I confronted about a di.k move, he turned in to gas station and so did I, I asked his reasoning for not letting me pass, he didn't have an answer just a dumb look on his face, kept say just go just go, not sure what was wrong with him and many others. Anymore I have cruse set and if I see I'm coming up on someone I just step on it ahead of time so they don't have a chance to respond and get far enough ahead of them. For the most part it works but there is always these  ford's that would catch up and ride your :moon: like now their pissed you passed them. Few even would pass me again and in few miles slow down so now I have to pass them again. Not sure what goes through their mind...

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to start posting the dumb crap I'm seeing on the highway. Last night on my way home from Lewiston ID. I just left Riggins, ID and following a Swift Truck (driving 35 MPH in 55 MPH) and 2 other little vehicles (Both Fords). I seen I had a chance to pass one vehicle and tuck back in line. So I lay into the power and start to slip back in the Ford stomps on his brake pedal heading for the ditch this force me to step on the throttle and over take him a second vehicle. I've never seen such a "D__k move ever" If the Ford would of just keep his cruise control going I would just slip in behind him and waited for the next passing area 2 miles away. Nope he flat out stomped the brakes and dove for the ditch. :wtf:

The lead vehicle in front of me does not have to drive from me but drive for himself. Stupid FORD... For Only Retarded drivers. Even driving a Ford ranger with hazed over headlight and on HI BEAMs even better. :duh:

Don't get me started on the stupid stuff I see in LA every-time I get out on a road. 

My Operating assumption here is that "everyone is an idiot" defensive driving is a must in the greater Los Angeles area. 

The other thing I notice is the state of the vehicles here is completely insane.  I see 4 different tires to match 4 different coloured fenders.  Alignments so bad you can hear the tires scrubbing and smell the warm rubber as they struggle their way down the road. 

Then you have people moving a big pile of crap on mini truck with one piece of token twine strung over the top lol.  Not kidding.

I wish we had safety inspections here like they do on the east coast.  All they care about here is emissions and that is a complete racket.

• Like 2

• Staff

I give you props @leety, I would not spend a single second in the greater L.A. area! 

For some reason weather it be the For Only Retarded Drivers as @Mopar1973Man mentioned or shear coincidence, nearly EVERY time someone does something stupid near me on the roads they're driving a ford. I don't know why that is but I've grown to be more cautious around ford's now. It's crazy.

And regardless of what people are driving most are just plain stupid, self centered, ignorant, entitled, more important than me total prix! 

I tend to be very passive while driving these days just because it will get my blood pressure soring. I won't let them idiots affect my personal health like that. They aren't worth it.

Rant over?.........maybe. lol

• Like 2

• Staff

I was standing on the side of the road the other day and saw just a blur so fast you couldn't tell what it was. One person said to the other, '' It musta been Super Mopar Man'' He he he ''passing another Ford.''

Edited by JAG1

4 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I give you props @leety, I would not spend a single second in the greater L.A. area! 

For some reason weather it be the For Only Retarded Drivers as @Mopar1973Man mentioned or shear coincidence, nearly EVERY time someone does something stupid near me on the roads they're driving a ford. I don't know why that is but I've grown to be more cautious around ford's now. It's crazy.

And regardless of what people are driving most are just plain stupid, self centered, ignorant, entitled, more important than me total prix! 

I tend to be very passive while driving these days just because it will get my blood pressure soring. I won't let them idiots affect my personal health like that. They aren't worth it.

Rant over?.........maybe. lol

I think of it like a giant moving slalom and make it into a game so it doesn't piss me off.   I have developed some rather rad skills from driving in the mess of it all so I'm glad about that.  then there are the mountain roads which I have on lock, even in a 32 motorhome lol.  I like threading needles with that thing.  Get me to a gas station where I will get within inches of the protective pipes and stuff just to freak people out lol.

One time a big a** old cadi pulled out in front of me.  I was driving a '69 vw, I was about 17 I think.  I pulled the hand brake did 90 degree rotation slid the car to a stop parallel to and inches away from that old lady's tank.  If I had t-boned her it would have been all bad.  Didn't touch her car.

I'm not afraid to drive anything, anywhere, anytime.

Edited by leety
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Doubletrouble said:

I'm not afraid of it, just don't like it anymore. I've been driving semi trucks for over 20 years, I've seen my share of stupid out there. I used to be like you, everything was a fun challenge. It's worn off now. Lol

Oh yea if you were driving semi tucks I could see how that would kill the joy of the challenge.

Just now, JAG1 said:

I rent excavators...... sometimes I think about asking a driver to get out of his car, Ford..... whatever just so I can crush it into a little ball. That be so fun 

LOL Can I make the YouTube video?

• Haha 1

• Staff

Bad thing about semis is typically you don't have the acceleration to pass the dummies in front of you. I used to when I was an owner/op but company trucks now days are all governed, like now where I work they cut us off at 62 on the pedal and 65 on cruise.

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

I rent excavators...... sometimes I think about asking a driver to get out of his car, Ford..... whatever just so I can crush it into a little ball. That be so fun 

That would be awesome!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

• Staff
14 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I'm not afraid of it, just don't like it anymore. I've been driving semi trucks for over 20 years, I've seen my share of stupid out there. I used to be like you, everything was a fun challenge. It's worn off now. Lol

I have found letting it all go by is best and all you have to do is go 5 over the limit and soon most are all gone past leaving only the good folks around you :thumb1:

11 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

That would be awesome!!!!!!!

I keep myself only imagining it so I won't go to prison for it.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Ah the people in Russia... I love watching their road rage videos. But this one almost looked staged, I suppose anything is possible. 

Chicken man productions assumes no responsibility for the authenticity of the video. But we do not disagree with your hypothesis.

Edited by dripley
  • Haha 2

Speaking of Ford's. Last night a friend and I are in a rather spirited race to the bottom of a local curvy, narrow, steep mountain road. He is in his 2017 Ford Fusion, I'm in my prius. I would pull away on the straights, I would be on him in every corner.... until one corner that tightens drastically where he went into the ditch with minimal damage. I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard, checked on him, then proceeded to laugh for the next 2 miles down the mountain.  He was always so cocky about his car and driving abilities, until now. He said his tires wern't warm because cold weather which is why he slid off the road. We had basically been having a spirited competition of him trying to outrun me (racing) for the last 5 miles so the tires and brakes were plenty warm. I'm just glad I was behind him lest he plow into me because he misjudged something.

I hate the new ford truck headlights... the quad beams. They are always blindingly high on low beams, even when I'm in a truck. Almost as a rule, if there is someone in my vicinity driving like a complete idiot in traffic, its a Ford. Usually a Ford SUV.

• Owner
18 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Mine happen to be the Ford people coming from Boise or Lewiston crossing paths or they are coming for the snow in McCall, Idaho. When I pay attention to license plates you can see then next one is from a big town. Idaho list it registered county as letter number combo. Like most of my plates are Adams county (2A) but I got a few Idaho county (I) or Valley county (V). I'm looking for (1A) plates for Ada county (Boise). C plate (Canyon County). N (Nez Perce County) Lewiston Idaho.

So in all the ownership of my truck (425k miles and 18 years) I've never had a speeding ticket, never been in a traffic accident, and one of the safetest drivers out there I've dodged many close calls and pulled off the impossible. Missed a head on at 55 MPH on ice and managed to get stopped safely off the road. @Wet Vettewill never forget this one she was there.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Staff

I have only seen Fordiots either tailgating or speeding excessively. Most Cummins guys seems to be more polite, keep their head. You only need to watch out for chicken bones if your behind 'em. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1