• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Building a he351 standalone controller

ok, thanks.

btw what can bus shield is working for you?
if anyone think of other solution please let me know.

thanks again

one more thing, is anyone succeed to run the actuator on the table without calibrating him first?

Maxim 9924 use for  2 wire RPM sensor.

"DIV / 2" Sorry for that. Arduio is 10 bit ADC or maybe 8 bit (I can not remember) if so then ×4 to get in range of actuator.

The actuator may have current sensing and pulsing encoder to detect limits of vanes you may need to assemble to turbo for calibration to work.

I don't  use a CAN shield. I use a MCP 2515 based board on amazon form China names vary SMAKN or NyRen.

It has a different crystal than most shields so the library will need a different define or setting. I don't use a CAN library either. You can skip the message filter and mask too with only 2 simple nodes.

thanks guys,

you use the max9924 in order to sample the car's motor rpm and feed it back to the Arduino's pin 2 (if i remember right).

according to Me78569 if I close the switch (pin7 to ground), the pot effect directly on the vanes without the need to calculate the RPM and so, am I right?

I'm looking for someone who succeed in operating the actuator on the table and can share with us what is the right process without the need to connect the actuator to the cars turbo.

anyway other thoughts will be great :-)

and we have a winner !!!!! :USflag:

so, few minutes ago I wrote that I'm looking for more ideas and now I'm happy to tell you I succeed to control the actuator.

so, first of all, the actuator must be calibrated in order to be control by the Arduinos software.

after the calibration I was able to control the movements with the boost pot.

I'll try to upload short video of what I did so everyone can learn.

sorry for the video resolution....