• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

05 removing negative battery cable problem.

et05ram

I really didn't think we get 2 pages out of this and I'm glad we got good ways on how to clean the corrosion off. I've always used the electric glop my friend gives me. I don't know what's it's called but it works really well. The problem is the PO didn't really take care of the truck. I wouldn't have let it get that way in the first place. Keep them clean and they'll work better.Eugene

My saving for the truck is going to take a hit... I started the backhoe yesterday... jumped it off the CTD. It started well, considering how long it had been sitting under that tarp. Some of the hydraulics are stiff... they work but the controls don't return immediately when you let go. SURPRISE!!

The batteries have been junk for some time... If it stops (stalls or is shut off) somewhere I can't get to with the truck, it won't restart. So I'm going to bite the bullet & put batteries in it. $228 for the pair from NAPA... in stock. I've got them freed up but I can't lift them out of the hole under the deck... gotta get nephew in to help.

Wifee has got in-laws to cut some trees down & a piece of heavy equipment would be very handy. We have managed to take down some big ones (3 leaning over the barn & the latest leaning toward the house). How it was done: Ropes in direction of fall. Carefully notched the direction of fall. Made the cut & used wedges to push tree over. Big tree over barn, we had the backhoe on one of the ropes. Should have done that yesterday.

Posted Image

In fact this picture was taken BEFORE those trees were removed... seen over the "hoe".

Batteries are marked "97"... treated felt washers on all the terminals. NO corrosion, came right off. It is interesting that the felt washers LOOK dirty but nothing more but are mush when I tried to take them off. I bought new ones for the new batteries I brought home today.