• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

First road trip in my 2nd Gen

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I found that a nice 1X4 works beautiful and is easy to slide under the rear seat when done. It may work okay on truck thieves someday too although I haven't tried it out.

High Idle self defense stick. :thumb1:

How does that work if someone is stealing your truck?  Do you tap on the window and ask the thief to reach in the back and hand you your high idle stick?  I guess some thieves are more friendly than others, so it might work.

I think a better anti-theft approach would an innovative security product using the "dead pedal" feature which is already standard on our trucks.

- John

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you use @JAG1 broom stick idea now the high idle there but you now cancelled the exhaust brake warm up feature. 

Coupled with the Axel Foley "banana in the tailpipe" trick, it'd be great!

Does anyone make a "manual choke" for our exhausts? That'd do the truck, too. Or a tailpipe diverter that's to a restrictive muffler, for example.

image.png.fd165d976ac6b45fbe64c689684a9a36.png

Edited by LorenS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LorenS said:

Coupled with the Axel Foley "banana in the tailpipe" trick, it'd be great!

Does anyone make a "manual choke" for our exhausts? That'd do the truck, too. Or a tailpipe diverter that's to a restrictive muffler, for example.

I have thought about doing this to mine. My E brake actuator failed a while back and I have entertained a thought of doing just that thing. You could too, all you need is someones failed exhaust brake elbow with the butterfly in it an some sort of cable. Wha lah, an E brake for idle.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, Tractorman said:

How does that work if someone is stealing your truck?  Do you tap on the window and ask the thief to reach in the back and hand you your high idle stick?  I guess some thieves are more friendly than others, so it might work.

I think a better anti-theft approach would an innovative security product using the "dead pedal" feature which is already standard on our trucks.

- John

Dead pedal feature :thumb1: Cool.

1X4 is only good on guys like dieselfuture, otherwise you need these.. :gun:

• Staff
10 hours ago, dripley said:

is that a colt 1 x 4?

I have no idea as I cannot remember after several chances to try 4 or5 different pistols. It was a fun day in the warm sun.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

My first road trip was taking off and heading to Mohave Valley AZ last year just as the riots started. Then coupled with the COVID-19 crud... It was a very poor trip but my first long haul trip in YEARS. Since MoparMom passed away I finally did get out of the Idaho area and see some different country. This year I'm gearing up to travel as well with the new 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 and doing mobile service work like @IBMobile has in his time. Travel is going to be more common for me soon. :whistle:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

doing mobile service work like @IBMobile has in his time.

I'm still doing it.   90706452_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.7e48d5e0d036d76fa735b8f52348099a.gif  Last week, on different customers' Volvos, I replacer a fuel pressure sensor , mass air flow sensor, radiator, right front drive axle, radiator and coolant hoses, gas door with hinge, rebuilt a power antenna assembly, reprogramed two door modules among a few other things while replacing the dash cover, grill, and reinstalling the 5th wheel hitch and wiring on my truck. 

• Like 3

• Owner
44 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I see a new app coming soon. "Where's Mopar1973man" will be the new where's waldo :lmao:

Not far from the truth... There is a App for the website now but I'm waiting a bit longer for bugs and issues to be fixed before releasing the Mobile App for the site. Then with the Members Map I could post a location marker as I travel for other to find me. Currently if yo look at New Meadows Idaho it show my pin at home sort of. You can hit My Location up top and then tell it to update to the GPS signal on your phone and presto my location is real time. Hence why all these apps were chosen to be here. The same can be done for broke down vehicle grab the page and hit my Location and update I can see exactly where your at. 

https://mopar1973man.com/membermap/

Took my first road trip in mine the minute they handed me the keys at the dealership back in October of 01. South Carolina to New Jersey. Took a job over from a super they let go. Did Such a fine job they let build another one even further north in New Jersey. Oh joy. They truck has been on a road trip ever since. Closing in on 522k miles. Soon we will both be taking a big break from the road.

18 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

My first road trip was taking off and heading to Mohave Valley AZ last year just as the riots started. Then coupled with the COVID-19 crud... It was a very poor trip but my first long haul trip in YEARS. Since MoparMom passed away I finally did get out of the Idaho area and see some different country. This year I'm gearing up to travel as well with the new 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 and doing mobile service work like @IBMobile has in his time. Travel is going to be more common for me soon. :whistle:

Beautiful country out there to see, we love the different landscapes that are America. 

• Like 2