• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. Sorry, we are a subscription website now. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites  for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan.

Cutting Out Under Hard Acceleration/Above 68 MPH+ 2500 4x4 47re

40 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Fass has been known to fail very soon after install. We have a recent situation that took out a new VP44. It happened to a truck Michael Nelson has on in his yard now

If this is so why are electric lift pumps recommended to everyone.... I'm so glad I listened to no one and went mechanical... sorry mate but anything electric I can bin the better :thumb1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had similar problem, thought it was vp, between changing injectors, cleaning up wiring, rebuilding alternator (can just replace with a good unit) my surging went away and later I did the WT mod and

I've gotta ask does this cut out occur also with cruise set? I got to know are you manual transmission with fly by wire cruise or automatic with vacuum cruise? What I like to see if your manual if cru

Which is possible too but typically when a VP44 go funny there is codes with it. Hence why I asking for pin to pin ohm test between the ECM and VP44. If the wiring is all checking out then you got to

Posted Images

• Board Of Directors
1 minute ago, wil440 said:

If this is so why are electric lift pumps recommended to everyone.... I'm so glad I listened to no one and went mechanical... sorry mate but anything electric I can bin the better :thumb1:

Only Fass is developing as unreliable as compared to others such as Raptor or Air Dog which are doing okay in spite of some issues. Like anything in life everything has some degree of disadvantage and advantage. Problem is you guys with the mechanical lift pumps always try throwing us lectric pump guys under the bus...... well ain't going to happen here... me put on armor plate and for Wil440 you only need 1/16th thick shield and a high idle stick to fight back, lol.

• Haha 1