• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Zero Boost Tune

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well I finally got it. I've tested this tune and really surprised you can hold the turbo at ZERO boost even at 65 to 70 MPH. After 150 miles in bit over a 1/8 of tank used. This includes climbing two 7% grades. Really cool to see the boost hang at zero but put it against a grade it barely 5 to 10 PSI boost. EGTs are bit higher climbing so I would not suggest towing or racing with this tune. What makes this tune so neat is the 5 to 14 PSI is flat stock tune 100% no boosted fuel on CANBus. At 15 PSI up it gains at a +5 step so it gains power quickly. Now if you toss in wiretap you better be ready... It pulls extremely strong in the upper boost range. Return to cruise state it hover about 19.5° BTDC at 2k RPM at ZERO boost. So this tune you can have your cake and eat it too...

I'll release this tune in the morning...

• Like 2

• Owner

Kind of in a nut shell we all have been ramping from 0 PSI up to 30+ PSI in some form of linear ramping of fuel. How about ramp up to stock fuel hold stock fuel for a span and then just up sharply to build power on the upper end? So far I'm very please with the way this tune has functioned. It will hold the turbo at 0 PSI boost for nearly everything. Rolling hills you gotta watch closely to barely see the needle wiggle off the zero mark. Don't let this tune fool you turn the wire tap on and put the pedal down hard she with hit that 15 PSI and the power comes on sharply with both the wire tap and CANBus ramping up together Smoke free tune be serious power on the top, bottom end launching is fairly strong, middle of the road not bad. Drives like a you turned the Quad down to level 2 or level 0. Mild street manners as long as you don't get that turbo excited, once that happens you better hold on.

WARNING! - Again this tune is NOT designed for...

• Racing
  • Towing
  • Heavy cargo hauling

This tune is design for daily drivers, that need passing power on two lane roads but cuts back to a mellow driving stance even with the manual throttle. Being the tune hold the boost down considerable it does tend to heat the EGT's a bit more on grade but even in my run yesterday I never exceeded 800 to 1,000°F EGT's. WOT going for broke in Level 3 it comes to rest right at 1,200°F EGT's. Just remember my tires and final ratio do promote lower EGT's than most. 

I'm curious of your mileage. When I opened the vgt all the way (zero boost effectively) I would get in the low/mid 20's on my 12v at low interstate speeds with no smoke. 18-20 was best before that.

Edited by That Guy

• Owner

I made a few tweaks to this tune. Since the pop pressure on my truck is higher my running cruise timing needs to be 21° at 2K RPM. I'm upped the cruise timing to 4° and so far I'm right at 19 MPG but the zero boost part came up just a weebit I run about 2 to 3 PSI at 65 MPH flat ground.

This last two tanks I only got 17.84 and 17.06 MPG now after the change I used only half the amount of fuel to get back home from Lewiston this trip. I'm barely even a 1/8 tank down for 130 mile trip since the update to timing. I'll update the down load soon. Also I've had a quite a bit of idle time on that tank so its not a far number during winter. Also with the winterized diesel here is low in the BTUs with the high cetane. I kind of want to leave the first one alone so others of stockish pop pressure can play with. I'll post the update as 1.0.1 version.

The other problem I tend to play once in awhile with out vehicles. :burnout2::whistle: Still a vicious tune from light to light. If the road are even lightly wet I have troubles getting the tires to stick. Like my last run to McCall for parts at NAPA climbing the 7% grade every corner you have to back down get around then I would lightly squeeze and the tires would hop and skip as the power came on. I'm restricted to levels 2 or 3 for the most part on Quadzilla just for traction reasons. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man