• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DAP 7x.010 VCO Injectors

• Owner

I'm also running the DAP +150 HP injector (7 x 0.010) @ 320 bar. I'm running a HX35/40 Hybrid Turbo (60/60/12). Using my current tune I'm running its completely smoke free but seriously powerful enough you really have to dial back the power (Level 2 or 3) in the winter just to keep the tires with good traction.

14 hours ago, Nathan S said:

can’t be happier with how the truck runs. It’s smoother at idle, has way less idle haze when the engine is cold

Yup typical as injectors wear the pop pressure fails and the sprayed fuel is with bigger droplets and injected too early since its easier to hit 260 to 280 bar vs 310 bar. Yes, the injection events was early and big droplet hence the white smoke in the mornings. This why with the new injectors your back up to a stockish pop pressure and atomizing much better. Just like myself I'm coming to a end even on my injectors I'm half way through the life of my injectors and soon I'll be replacing again. The 320 bar has really enhanced the life span for sure it used to idle at 13% engine load now I'm down to mere 6% engine load warm.

Check out all the tunes there you might find another that fits your needs. I'll be uploading more in the spring time too.

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The 320 bar has really enhanced the life span for sure it used to idle at 13% engine load now I'm down to mere 6% engine load warm.

Same here, but I don't have near the miles on mine as you do on yours. It almost feels like it's time related too. 

Thanks for the link to the tunes. That was the main reason I joined the site was for quadzilla information. I’m hauling water with the new injectors for the first time today and with the 400 gallon tank on the truck, the egt is 200 degrees cooler getting moving than the old injectors. When I started looking in to performance parts for these trucks about 12 years ago, a 7x.010 was a huge injector. I should have gone with these in the first place. 

• Owner

Building a tune is easy, but getting a good tune that is efficient is a bit tougher. The bit that takes time is really dialing in on setting for timing and fuel map to get the most out. Still today on Level 2 (No CANBus and No Wiretap) it possible for me to pull just enough power to spin the tires free on smooth pavement. This is where you really dial down and find that you building way more power with CANBus and Wiretap on top. So if Level 2 can slip a tire a little just think when I turn it all the way up and stomp it to the floor? :burnout2:

18 hours ago, Evan said:

Funny how what we had to do to our trucks 10 years ago has changed today.

Now we have to have 10s quad and 62 turbo just to make them move down the street. Don't forget tires cant be larger than 28" tall

When mine was new it did move down the road just fine and would pull a house off the foundation. But It did so very leisurely. 4 years later when the 100k mile expired I put my first tuner on it. I new nothing about injectors or anything else in the go fast world. At least the tuner took it out of the leisurely mode. And as far as 28" tires go, not on my truck. I know Mike loves his 245's but the 265's are as small as I will go at 31" I believe. Time has definitely changed what we can do with them  now just like it did in the after market when they were new.

10 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

With new information come new decisions, having common sense and good disturbment helps along the way to make decisions.

I like this but cant quite figure out how we all got disturbed.:think:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Autocorrect at it's best, it's trying to correct me after I hit the reply button.

I get that part, my phone is always doing that. But if we are not disturbed what are we?  My pea brain cant figure out the right word.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, Evan said:

I think there's been groups doing 150s and 62 turbos for along time. Just before it wasn't known and plastered all over the internet. 

I agree with this, but the sizing of the turbine and exhaust housing and compressor technology has been vastly improved. I have a friend with an 01 that has roughly 150s and a 62 but the turbine and housing are so mismatched you have to drive around it. If too much throttle is applied it will smother turbo and never spool correctly. Mine acts just like it did when it was bone stock, with 250 more horsepower. It’s just incredible how much of a difference the correct injector and turbo combination can make with these trucks.