• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

37x12.5x16.5 military tires on 2nd gen. Plus 03-12 upgrade steering

07 steering is on.  We bought it new as a cab n chassis its actually 2wd but shares all front end stuff with my truck

Dad thinks its heavier duty than a normal 3500 im like no look at it its same everything as my 02.

I have a fox steering stabalizer laying around i may put it on the 07.

Also replaced all passenger side wheel studs they must have been loose all showed wear pattern at the base of the hub. Very thankful they are hub centric wheels 

The closest thing we have to a cat is this bobcat its not ours were trying it. Thinking to buy it. 

Debating sizes and types that machine weights 9300lbs . I kinda think bumping up a step to a 11k skidsteer. Though this one works circles around our old tire skidsteer.

Old man says I want want want.

30k digger a track skidsteer and I can concour the world take your hoe and shove it.

20210124_171955.jpg

20210124_172221.jpg

20210123_150705.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

:omg: mike must be busy! He is a big advocate of standard size or smaller tires and he let is go. What is the world coming to!!!! Ohhhh the humanity :ahhh:

Get this right...  I'm a big advocate of PROPER GEARING. I can careless about how big you want tires but when people just throw tires on and their final ratio is ruined (less than 3.40) and they don't like the answers to fixing the improper gear ratio. Either change the axle gears or ditch the tires. Both are expensive. Everyone assumes you can just swap bigger on without any support mods either. Doesn't work that way...

Currently I've this 2005 Dodge with a blown steering box from 35 inch tires and no supporting mods either... People wonder why steering and suspension damage comes so quickly. :rolleyes: Steering box on its way to @Blue-Top Steering being rebuilt. Might take a 2 or 3 weeks to turn around. 

DSCF5180.JPG

Oh yeah I'm busy... 2002 Dodge Blue needed a new VP44 and FASS pump warranty since both failed in less than 100 miles. There is a 1985 Chevy on the other side of the 05 Dodge needs a MAP sensor which has been a treasure hunt. I've got 2006 Duramax in the shop now and needs a trans line replaced. Even got a 2003 VW Passat Turbo out there too with bad oxygen sensor and cam sensor wiring issue. Busy... Yup very Busy...

DSCF5181.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Get this right...  I'm a big advocate of PROPER GEARING. I can careless about how big you want tires but when people just throw tires on and their final ratio is ruined (less than 3.40) and they don't like the answers to fixing the improper gear ratio. Either change the axle gears or ditch the tires. Both are expensive. Everyone assumes you can just swap bigger on without any support mods either. Doesn't work that way...

This truck I slapped together in short time to go play had 2.5 ton duce axles with 6.72 ratio and 46" military tires that weren't light, but because of ratio I had no issues, just needed a front locker. 

This truck had same axles but instead of 46" I used 52" had to build a bbc for that one to compensate, still top speed was slower than before I swapped the axles, I believe I was close to 2800 rpm at 70mph, yeah I drove it on hwys :burnout:my dream was to put a cummins in it. Life changed that. I don't have any regrets thought.

• Like 1

• Owner

I don't mind poking the bear once in awhile but yeah the amount of truck I work on where the owner slaps on a set of 35 to 37 inch tires without supporting mods and support axle gearing it absolutely sickening. Day after day I try fixing these truck because they just wanna look cool. I'm the one replacing steering boxes, tie rod ends, track bars. Always for a customer rarely and I mean rarely for myself. Hmmm... Maybe I figure something out. Big tires suxs... 427k miles and still going...

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I don't mind poking the bear once in awhile but yeah the amount of truck I work on where the owner slaps on a set of 35 to 37 inch tires without supporting mods and support axle gearing it absolutely sickening. Day after day I try fixing these truck because they just wanna look cool. I'm the one replacing steering boxes, tie rod ends, track bars. Always for a customer rarely and I mean rarely for myself. Hmmm... Maybe I figure something out. Big tires suxs... 427k miles and still going...

keeps the $$ rolling in though.... (to a customer)  yeah those tyres look great, BTW $1000 to fix the steering  and I'll see you again soon for another 1k :whistle2:

Thing is though, I work for myself on heavy plant and if it wasn't for stupid drivers I'd be out of a job

I can't fix stupid but I can fix what stupid does..... over and over and over again   £££££££££ keerrrching thank you

For instance, I got to several sites where the operators keep resetting bucket levellers on the loading shovels so the bucket is cutting edge down, cutting edges typically last 4 to 6 weeks, I've told them once and reset once, will not tell them again and will not reset to level so at least every 6 weeks I change a cutting edge at £200 labour.... thank you Sir see you in a month and a half.... oh and then there's the cost of the cutting edge at £600 plus, I also go to sites where the operators are anal about the bucket being level... edges last best part of a year

• Staff

I guess that's the bright side. You guys can make a living off of some else's stupidity. I myself have had bigger tires, 33x12.5x15 on a '95 gmc z71 and I noticed then that it ate steering parts on the regular. Pitman arms, idler arms and tie rods once every 18 months on average. I do my own work so after have the truck set up like that for 8 years it was getting old. After that truck and a bad experience with a '99 suburban at the same time I decided to sell both when I bought my '01 3500 Cummins. Haven't looked back.

I've had a couple issues with the dodge but nothing out of the ordinary for a truck with 150k on it. Stock tire size and only "mod" is a fass ddrp lift pump. So far so good.