• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

37x12.5x16.5 military tires on 2nd gen. Plus 03-12 upgrade steering

Actually bought these for the wheels so I can weld in jeep centers.

Will play with them on the pickup for a month or so while I round of parts to make them jeep wheels.

There h1 12 bolt bead locks.

I've got to remove the 40lbs of runflat from each wheel. These are heavy with the run flats in

Itl get old quickly running 37s but I figure maybe I'll play with them for a few just cause

20210117_092806.jpg

20210116_195642.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Like 2

Thanks

No modifications.  I am running 1.5" spacers on front to match dana 80 drw

Also no rubbing yet. Ive already trimmed bumper plastic and corner at door. Have 2" level on front. 

Yeah I know internet says they need grinding to fit over hubs. This will opening is same as 3rd gen wheels. 

The run flats are heeeeaavy i didnt remove them yet.

Theyre running 75mph fine.

Thanks

No modifications.  I am running 1.5" spacers on front to match dana 80 drw

Also no rubbing yet. Ive already trimmed bumper plastic and corner at door. Have 2" level on front. 

Yeah I know internet says they need grinding to fit over hubs. This will opening is same as 3rd gen wheels. 

The run flats are heeeeaavy i didnt remove them yet.

Theyre running 75mph fine.

20210119_084411.jpg

• Like 1

Last photo.

Actual height is 35" under truck weight. I have 50psi in front 40 rear.

Have alittle bounce at 50mph but is livable goes away at speed. Ill probly run some airsoft pellets to balance them.

These have alot of tread so I might just get another set of wheels for the jeep.

Steering is alittle looser feeling. Guess its time to address that.

20210119_171218.jpg

Orderd two 03-12 steering kits one for my truck and the other the 07 work truck. 

They are moog kits, will track miles on the work truck as itl put about 50k on the steering in about a year.

I dont know that moog is the way to go over mopar stuff but. Unknowing who makes mopar branded parts and the fact that mopar has no grease zerks I decided to save alittle money and be able to grease once a month

Edited by Evan

Knows better.

Steering kits get here Saturday. I can't wait to get rid of the crappy *** Steering on both trucks.

Decided to order these moog kits cause I'm strapped for time. Had recently decided to fabb Steering on both trucks

Edited by Evan

4 hours ago, Evan said:

Knows better.

Steering kits get here Saturday. I can't wait to get rid of the crappy *** Steering on both trucks.

Decided to order these moog kits cause I'm strapped for time. Had recently decided to fabb Steering on both trucks

Big tires and now Moog parts. Now I am not knocking the Moog. I am going on 270k on all Moog parts on the front. All still holding up well except the track bars. Getting ready to buy my 3rd one.

• Like 1

One truck down, drives way way nice. I have everything a shot of grease and drove down the rd making a few drag link adjustments to center steering wheel.

I did cut about a 1/4" off drag link to adjust wheel to center on Jack stands had drag and tie rod at pitman arm touching inside adjuster sleeve .

I was worried I'd get some bump  steer because I set track bar to match factory steering.  Got lucky not even a hint of bump steer, see no reason to spend time putting a steering stabalizer back on. 

20210122_182903.jpg

20210122_183414.jpg

20210122_192204.jpg

20210122_204610.jpg

20210122_201524.jpg

• Like 2

• Staff
On 1/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, dave110 said:

I surprised you haven't gotten the customary :spank: for running oversize tires yet. :rolleyes:

Evan runs a Cat thru your house if you say anything.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1