• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey.... Just Morning Coffee and Wired Up Chat........

JAG1

• Staff

Oh yeah, I'm not going to over do it. His driveway is only 2 car lengths long and about 15' wide. His snow blower is self propelled so it should be easy and only take about 10-15 minutes. He is one of those guys that lives in a sub division, not a real big yard but has a 42" riding mower, snowblower for his little driveway and so on. I chuckle about is sometimes.

Somehow folks can feel a disturbance in the force around me or something. People I've never met come up to me and ask about vehicle issues. Has happened multiple times. 

Dropping off old oil at AZ about a week ago and as I'm getting in the chevy a guy asks if I can change the heater core in his 06ish ram 1500. I ended up walking him through the process and gave him my phone number if he had any more questions, had folks waiting for me afterall. He never called, but I really hope he didn't go at the air handler with a dremel like he was suggesting.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

After being up on that roof and shoveling 4 foot of snow off a house I just started thinking about how that felt on me and though about you and your knee injury. Yeah I got a caring heart and tend to watch out for others. :hug:

https://www.amazon.com/EarthMark-Avalanche-Removal-System-SnowRake/dp/B00RY8II4Q/ref=asc_df_B00RY8II4Q/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241934148375&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15799990293860024167&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1028087&hvtargid=pla-491851689769&psc=1

53 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Thanks... I pass this along to my friend Andrew and he might like the idea. 

I seen it few years back, was going to make one but never need it so ... But hey I remembered that I seen it :cheers:

48 minutes ago, LorenS said:

Looks like something a concrete float guy would use in the off months!

Whatever works, this one seems like a good idea. Need to be light and strong though, that's probably the cost of it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 2/3/2021 at 6:29 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Be careful about you knees... Man after all you been through be careful. :)

I hear that and also the words from my Uncle, ''Don't be jumping down off trucks like that or someday your knees will be really bad". Now 69 and I think I just did my last jump..... never felt this much pain ever and now know what he's talking about. Guess I been lucky. Now I carry a small ladder to go up and down as I don't ever want that pain again. Problem tho..... all those beautiful ladies will think I'm old doing that.:shifty:

Really tho who cares as it's smart to take care of yourself. Work good, but don't get hurt. We just completed a 10 by 57 boat dock using Trex deck and patterns in the decking. It came out nice. Monday meet the electrician for the perimeter lights. You cannot forget one tool tho or is 104 tall steps by the time you get back down to the water :duh:

• Like 3

• Staff

Might not be returning to work tonight. Weather is taking a bad turn here. We got 1-2" of snow on the ground over night. Tonight they're forecasting another 6-10" here and 10-14" east of us. Which is were we commonly go. After being off for 3 months I'm not sure I feel comfortable going in on a night like that. Loading the vehicles can be precarious as it is then add in a bunch of snow/ice and it get down right dangerous not to mention having to cover 200-300 miles in those conditions. Might have to call off my first night back. UGH

• Owner

I managed to sneak down to Lewiston to get food for both families. The highways were clean and just wet for the most part. Snow was as low as Lewiston ID which is about 750 feet above sea level.  @Jthor and his wife Breck came with me and we went food shopping for our restock. Then boogied home again. The temperature here starting to warm up some but we are forecasted for more snow.

All my jobs are outside right now. Ughhh.. I'm going to brave the snow and laying in it to get a customers new steering box back in today. The customer also got a steering brace for the box since his got 35" tires and lift kit. I've got another friend I think I want to refer him to that does custom wheel alignments for lifted trucks. Correct the camber and thrust angles.  

As of 7:30am its still snowing... That 2005 Dodge is rather covered...

DSCF5204.JPG

Thanks to the "Good Lord" above he lets us sneak out and restock now the show can continue.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boise ID
225 AM MST Mon Feb 15 2021

IDZ011-013-028-151800-
/O.CON.KBOI.WW.Y.0010.000000T0000Z-210216T1200Z/
West Central Mountains-Boise Mountains-Camas Prairie-
225 AM MST Mon Feb 15 2021

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM MST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Snow. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches, except
  up to 12 inches over the higher mountains.

* WHERE...West Central Mountains, Boise Mountains and Camas
  Prairie zones.

* WHEN...Until 5 AM MST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

• Owner

Ouch... Hard swing in temperature. Like us dipped down to about 7 to 9°F and then snowed good. Now warmed up and half rain snow mixture back and forth. Making it rough for outdoor work. Especially the truck I've got to go lay on the ground. 

Heck 2 days ago I had blowing wind that would bite through your clothes. Nope not I said the fly was going out and lay under a truck to finish a steering box install. But today I'm going to put on my big boy pant and just get it done and taken care of. If it dripping water and/or rain it going to suck to get cold and wet super fast. UGH.

Yesterday I had the server bottleneck on inodes. Basically how many files I can have on the hard drive which is about 9.6 Million. Something on the system started writing small files and plugged up the server. At the same time I'm trying to reset my password on Hulu. Can't get the email I'm calling Hulu to chew on them. Then find out I can get email. Drop Hulu and now call the hosting company. The fixed there problem at the same time Hulu fix my programming again. 

I'm working on the store part in my spare time again hit a snag turning to find away to get the email to populate with more than 1 item. So got some code work to figure out and slowing down the start up of the store. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man