• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snow

Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Be careful out there Mike. Remember no impulsive moves. I say that because when your age I forgot that principle now and then. It's right in between youth and beginning to be old you got to learn to watch yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Owner

Needless to say I didn't get a chance at any photos. I got to McCall yesterday and it was snowing hard it dropped over 13 inches in McCall. My buddy Sean hooked me up with a roof clearing job for the day. Took use a bit over 3 hours to get the roof shoveled off and it was roughly 3 foot of snow on the roof. Not bad but not fun either and hard work. On the way home the Goose Creek grade was closed twice! Swift truck tried making the grade without chaining up ad then another box truck tried to make it too and both slide put in corners. By the time we made it back to New Meadows they closed the highway again for a second time. People are truly stupid when it comes to winter driving. 

As for down here at home its not bad for snow maybe a one or two inches total. 

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boise ID
120 AM MST Thu Jan 28 2021

IDZ011-013-290000-
/O.CON.KBOI.WS.W.0002.000000T0000Z-210129T0000Z/
West Central Mountains-Boise Mountains-
120 AM MST Thu Jan 28 2021

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Additional snow accumulations of 2
  to 7 inches at lower elevations, with up to 10 inches above 6000
  feet.

* WHERE...West Central Idaho Mountains and Boise Mountains,
  including McCall and Banner Summit.

* WHEN...Until 5 PM MST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow
  could significantly reduce visibility.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.

The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

20210127_113833.jpg

• Staff

Your sending it this way aren't you? I see we're supposed to get another "winter storm" this weekend. The last one started out at 5-8 inches. Ended up being a dusting of snow. So we shall see.

I'm still off for my knee, not going back to work until Feb 15th so maybe mother nature will get it out of her system now before I go back to work.

• Owner
6 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Your sending it this way aren't you?

I was taught to share everything. Well here I am I'm sharing the fact the storm is here and it dropping snow and now its headed east towards you. I'm sharing information and my snow. What else could you ask for? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I'm still off for my knee, not going back to work until Feb 15th

Hopefully your knee is healing up good. I know what that's like after dislocating my knee back in 88 or so. Took a long time for me to heal up and gain my strength in that knee. I use to be able to pop it out of joint on command. Then pop it back in again little pain for for a bit but good trick to blow friends minds. So, yeah I know exactly what your dealing with. When you get the green light to use it more make sure to work on getting the strength back in that knee.

Like right now its warmed up to 34*F here and the yard is nothing but mud again. Great... :rolleyes: At least when its frozen I can lay down cardboard or a piece of plywood and still work on my outdoor projects. But when it rains and thew yard is just mud it just plain bad mess. I'm hoping for more snow or at least bare minimum freezing temps. This year is for sure warmer here, less snow and muddy. 

26 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Yeah, I'll definitely be exercising the knee. I need to do something. After the 3 month covid layoff and now being off almost another 3 months and the wife being a great cook I've gained more weight than I'm comfortable with. I think I've put on 20 pounds or so. It needs to go.

I hear ya! About five years ago I detached my ACL tore my MCL and took about a dime size piece out of my meniscus. I was off work for about five months. When I went back to work in November I definitely had my winter coat on. By about 20 lbs. 

You guys must have had better doctors than me. I lost 15 pounds after my knee surgery. Couldn't sleep, didn't want to eat. Meds didn't help, thankfully, as I know now they were opioids. Took a long time to get back to normal sleep (a cheap beer or two every evening helped with the pain), and I walked with an obvious limp for several years. Hard to trust a leg with any real weight when it has a tendency to randomly pop out of gear.

• Sad 1

My knee been screwed up for years, first time I thought I'm done and need a surgery, then somehow it slowly healed good enough I forgot about it, the more I stay active without abusing it the better it is. If I get lazy it starts to let me know amongst other things like lower back neck elbow shoulder. So now I just stay active enough through the days to keep pain in check, some days I feel great and forget I have problems, others I'm in pain for days thinking what an I going to do. Having a drink helps but it's not a way to go through life. Don't get me wrong, I'll have a drink now and then but not daily like some of people I know, it seems they have more health problems and just keep drinking and taking pills. Need something to look forward to in life to keep moving forward, this bs with what's happening in the world doesn't help, but we need to stay strong and keep pushing forward. Speaking of which I had some blood work done and was told I'm near bottom on my vitamins especially D, you'd think it be fine as I spend time outside more than most I know. So you guys and gals may want to take some vitamin D at least in the winter time. I was told to take 2000 a day and some people get to take 5000. Doctor told me 80% of their patients are deficient on D and other things. I'm feeling better now with more energy and not as tired, something you need to look into. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Hmmm... I'm already beyond you with the vitamins. I take a multi-vitamin and another Vitamin D as well. Then I've got a few extra in the med-set for different purposes. Like you I fight pain in my lower back, shoulders and hips. Yeah all the years of turning wrenches are catching up with me. I still get up every day and push through to provide for my family the best I can. This weekend turned out a bonus. I managed to finish up everything I could and get it gone. Then all my parts for the remaining jobs come Tuesday. This gave me a 3 day weekend for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. 

Today is going be a shop day for my own toys. I'm going to pull the truck in and get some maintenance done like gear lube in the axles, check the transfer case. Change my power steering fluid again. (still got some moisture showing). Fix my back up light and rehook up my switch in the cab. Fix my parking brake which has failed again. 

Then Tuesday is the start of the winter storm here and suppose to get nasty hence why I need to have my truck in top shape.

• Like 1

• Staff

@Mopar1973Man, your not planning on sending this next storm this way again are you. It's still snowing from that last one.

As far as vitamins, I just had blood work done 2 maybe 3 times. I forget. The first was a wellness check for my regular doctor. They said everything came back good on that one. My most recent was checking for signs of gout since my left foot has decided to swell and I have shooting pains through it now. The knee (right leg) is doing well since the surgery. Been having a little pain the past 12 hours for some reason. Might have over done something cutting firewood on Saturday not sure.

• Owner
4 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@Mopar1973Man, your not planning on sending this next storm this way again are you. It's still snowing from that last one.

Actually just looking at NOAA it shows the storm moving north east towards Canada. The storm coming is downgraded only going to snow 1/2 inch. The only problem is getting out of the valley here you have to climb up to 4,000 feet minimum to get out of this valley to the north or south. Great way to just get snowed in. 

7 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

The first was a wellness check for my regular doctor. They said everything came back good on that one. My most recent was checking for signs of gout since my left foot has decided to swell and I have shooting pains through it now. The knee (right leg) is doing well since the surgery. Been having a little pain the past 12 hours for some reason.

Just for me my biggest thing is just reduce stress. I've got to delegate more task out and spread my work load out more. Yeah there was a discussion here among the family but getting thing in order and spreading the workload out in needed for me. Like this morning I'm up super early again at 5am because just my lower back and hips hurting me. Then shortly after an hour of laying there I started a sneezing fit. Now I'm wide awake and don't want to wake up Eileen. So here I am in front of the computer early looking over the site and handling a few post and things.   

• Owner

Me. All I got to do is get up and get in a hot shower and everything loosen up and I can go all day no problem but by the time 4pm rolls around I'm running out of steam.

Little secret about me I didn't know. When I had my bladder cancer surgery the first surgery when I was released I was hurting so bad that it made me pass out in the wheelchair but I could not feel that pain. I rated like a 3 or 4. By the time I got down stairs I was getting sick to my stomach. I had him turn me back around and by the time I reach my room again I was out like a light. Next thing I know is I'm waking up and there is like 20 people in my small hospital room taking samples of everything. An hour later I was told I've got a super high threshold for pain and my vagus nerve just shut me down (passed out). I stayed an extra day and night. Come to find out the next day I can't even walk. It was a serious battle still even after all the pain meds were gone. I didn't really feel any pain per say (3 or 4 still) but made me walk like a old man and struggled with nausea after figuring out how my body deals with pain and with a little support from the nurse and a walker I worked my way through and got walking again. Still to this day I can tolerate quite a bit of pain before it shuts me down. My biggest problem is when I stop that is the end of me for the day. I start to stiffen up and hurts to move. 

Still to this day cannabis is a way better solution for pain management. 

When is Spring coming? :rolleyes:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

I've heard cannabis helps for alot of things. My wife smokes a little to help with a digestive issue she has. It helps her alot. My parents have had several surgeries and been through a bad car accident in the past, they have tried edibles and say that they help. They just don't say much about it like they don't want anyone to know. They're older so they still think of it as bad.

My drawback is I have a CDL so am subject to random drug tests, can't have any of that I'm my system. So I rely on ibuprofen and such.