• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector questions, which vendors?

Dieselfuture, when I received mine, they did look like bolts. That's because they have the nut threaded to just cover the nut. I was happy when I opened them & seen that they were studs & not bolts. They also thread to the bottom, so there is a lot of stud in the head.

Like they say, looks are deceiving.

1 hour ago, jag said:

Dieselfuture, when I received mine, they did look like bolts. That's because they have the nut threaded to just cover the nut. I was happy when I opened them & seen that they were studs & not bolts. They also thread to the bottom, so there is a lot of stud in the head.

Like they say, looks are deceiving.

I'm looking for my pictures to see if I've gone :cookoo:

20180813_183712.jpg.0ba9150959aacb3208e32e3a0ea3c309.jpg20180813_200351.jpg.814bb59bc4e42ed9eb4a7f1ed415769c.jpg20180813_201131.jpg.e043b9c04cadd9dfae23a059378b76a2.jpg

New I wasn't that crazy, mine were bolts. Guess it's time to upgrade to studs, just kidding I think these will be fine. I can sleep now 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jag said:

What is the torque spec for the ARP bolts? 

I honestly don't remember, I might have put them to factory torque spec. I went with longer bolts just for a piece of mind so I don't pull threads out. 

13 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

ARP's are studs.   

Screenshot 2021-02-02 070230.png

Actually I have A1 head studs not arp, but yes what you circled is a stud. We're talking about rocker arm bolts.

That other bolt on the right is a apps mount

54 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I remember the last one for mine was 125 foot/pounds. Done in 3 steps up. It all explained in the instructions when you get the studs. DO NOT do a hot torque! Even stated in the manual from ARP.

Why not do a hot torque?

• Owner
16 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

Why not do a hot torque?

Good way to break a stud. high chances of hot torque will make the studs fail... Again straight from ARP - DO NOT do a hot torque. Why would you want everything expanded and try to clamp the head tighter? Why not do it cold when everything is condensed and get a good clamp on the head as the engine warm up everything expands and tightens more. :shrug:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3

On 2/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, Dieselfuture said:

There is a video on YouTube guy breaking will start hot torqueing arps on a cummins

I swear autocorrect is messing with me, it changes things after I submit, I reread what I typed looks good then later it's all screwed up. Instead of ( will start ) it should have said ( a stud ) 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:11 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Good way to break a stud. high chances of hot torque will make the studs fail... Again straight from ARP - DO NOT do a hot torque. Why would you want everything expanded and try to clamp the head tighter? Why not do it cold when everything is condensed and get a good clamp on the head as the engine warm up everything expands and tightens more. :shrug:

I haven't read the installation directions (yet). That makes sense. What's your opinion on using anti seize on head studs? Only asking because in refineries we use anti seize on mild  carbon steel studs on heat exchanger caps as well as piping flange connection bolts. Refineries require anti seize on the threads, both sides of the washers and both sides of the nut. This is to reduce the co efficient of friction in an effort to achieve the proper torque spec. 

I've always been taught to NEVER use anti seize on any engine component fasteners, except exhaust manifold fasteners. 

• Owner
1 minute ago, crf450ish said:

I tried to reply but it's not showing up. Idk what's going on. 

You hid your post so now I got it unhidden.

3 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

What's your opinion on using anti seize on head studs?

The kit comes with the antiseize. All spelled out in the directions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

I've always been taught to NEVER use anti seize on any engine component fasteners, except exhaust manifold fasteners. 

I never had a problem using anti-seize on certain fasteners in the motor. Internal components I generally use arp lube same with head studs or other studs. Exhaust things I use high temp anti-seize, has copper in it I believe. What's crazy to me is how much torque specs can change from using motor oil to arp  lube.