• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector questions, which vendors?

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I remember .24 a gallon and Mcdonalds right next door, hamburgers for 15 cents and all the high school gals showing up for lunch. It was fun in those days. We'd go out in the school parking lot sit in my 57 chevy for a smoke. In a few mins a gal, or anyone for that matter, would ask to sit inside for a smoke. Met lots of nice friends and made weekend plans that way many times.

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

A cup of coffee was 10¢ and a six pack of Bud was $1.00.   

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

A cup of coffee was 10¢ and a six pack of Bud was $1.00.   

I think I was making about 2 bucks an hour back then too. 

• Like 1

• Staff
10 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I think you all have a few years on me. I remember gas being around $.70/gallon and mcnasty burgers were $.75 I think. The local mcdonald's here used to have $.25 burger night on Thursdays. Not anymore though. Now I won't even eat their food, it's horrible.

we used to called them 'gag burgers' I think the year was about 1966 when I Later sold my 57 chevy and bought a two year old chevy Malibu from the dealership for $1500 dollars. I think my payments where around $34 bucks a month.

• Owner
13 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I think you all have a few years on me. I remember gas being around $.70/gallon and mcnasty burgers were $.75 I think. The local mcdonald's here used to have $.25 burger night on Thursdays. Not anymore though. Now I won't even eat their food, it's horrible.

Hmmm... I remember a punk kid riding in my Dad's 1973 Dodge Charger to the corner store to get fuel on the weekends and remember seeing $0.589 for a gallon of leaded gasoline, yup I was born before the unleaded fuel change came about.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hmmm... I remember a punk kid riding in my Dad's 1973 Dodge Charger to the corner store to get fuel on the weekends and remember seeing $0.589 for a gallon of leaded gasoline, yup I was born before the unleaded fuel change came about.

Nothing like a good ole arab oil embargo to jack up the prices.

• Sad 1

I'm not an old fart yet, although I feel that way a lot of times,  but I remember about 15 maybe 18 years ago putting a clutch and changing rear main seal in 68 302 mustang 3speed in my step dad's car then taking it for a test drive, man that thing could lay some rubber on pavement. He told me a while back that when he met my mom and she told him she had a son, he said I wasn't sure about you at first, but then I seen what you were in to and you reminded me of myself when I was younger, till now we're best friends it sucks that he's getting old now and limited in what he can do. Plus this cv bs is limiting us in what we usually do, really pisses me off. Oh well life goes on for now.

On 2/6/2021 at 10:27 AM, LorenS said:

That only works on one side of the nut unless you're reducing friction with the air.

No kidding. Myself and dozens of guys have pondered the reasons behind why refineries put certain requirements in place. The only thing we've come up with regarding this particular question is their trying to remove as much doubt as possible... :shrug:

• Staff
On 2/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, Dieselfuture said:

I'm not an old fart yet, although I feel that way a lot of times,  but I remember about 15 maybe 18 years ago putting a clutch and changing rear main seal in 68 302 mustang 3speed in my step dad's car then taking it for a test drive, man that thing could lay some rubber on pavement. He told me a while back that when he met my mom and she told him she had a son, he said I wasn't sure about you at first, but then I seen what you were in to and you reminded me of myself when I was younger, till now we're best friends it sucks that he's getting old now and limited in what he can do. Plus this cv bs is limiting us in what we usually do, really pisses me off. Oh well life goes on for now.

Prescription for turning back the clock;

Get in my friends two door 57 Chevy with a pumped out 427, blower, cam, lifters, highrise muncie 4 speed, got the beautiful swirled pattern in the dash. With Buddy Holly, 'Rockin Round the Clock', stomp that sucker off the light right . That will turn back the clock. If a cop stops you it's only to get a look at it up close. That was a cool car and good times. And the chicks knew who to hang around with. Not Dripley type ones. lol

• Haha 1

I started reading this post and it brought back old memories:  $5.00 got you a half tank of gas, full service (check oil, water and clean the windshield) and usually a free glass (Siteman Oil in St. Louis) and our McDonalds was a walk up (no inside dining) with an arch on each side of the building that went through the roof, usually went there in my parents '55 Belair or '63 Chevy station wagon -- Good times:USflag:

Oh, and a brick (500) Winchester Super-X .22LR was $3.50 -- less than a penny each!!

Edited by Joe_Pool