• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

J-Hook '01-'02 Automatics (for HY Turbos) Dodge Cummins (182555)

Here is a quick way to increase your boost . Available for the '01-'02 24 Valve Cummins engine equipped with the 47RE automatic transmission. The J-Hook regulates the waste gate, facilitating greater boost numbers which rise even higher as performance modifications are added. The higher volume of air will also help keep exhaust temperatures down.

Has any used or know about these? Just asking before I bought one.

Here is a quick way to increase your boost . Available for the '01-'02 24 Valve Cummins engine equipped with the 47RE automatic transmission. The J-Hook regulates the waste gate, facilitating greater boost numbers which rise even higher as performance modifications are added. The higher volume of air will also help keep exhaust temperatures down.

Used a $3 turnbuckle from lowes - and keep it under 30 PSI :thumbup2:

I'm about to do same ....

Yeap you need a boost fooler of some sort so the ECM doesn't see the boost rise above 20 PSI. Other than that the P0234 code is triped and the engine defuels heavily to get it way down below 20 PSI... Because at this point the ECM assumes the wastegate is rusted shut.

Does a chip fool the ECM?

• Owner

oddly, the MAC scan tool shows my MAP sensor reading 14psi... at idle.. WTFLOL

~14 psi is atmospheric pressure. any above that is boost. my scan tool says the same thing...see https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhHyLR2_DBOgdGhnRFgxR210Y1BWeFRWekFEbG1ZM0E&hl=en

Yeap that right its PSIa is the measurement... So do all your reading with a 14 PSI offset.
  • Like 1

I have 1 that I bought from tst products... I like it alot better than a turnbuckle, just my opinion, it limits boost to 29 psi and eliminates the need to watch the gauge constantly.. A chip or boost fooler is needed to keep from setting codes..
  • Like 1

His EGT's were a lot lower. Boost has a big effect on that. Clamping off the wastegate also helps since you don't have to outflow it to get more than 20psi. His is nice because the chip will defuel at 30psi or something, so you kinda still have a virtual wastegate.