• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thanks, so will the edge I have automatically back it down or do I need to watch it more closely?

Haven't seen the CTS - but there should be a setting for max boost ..... so should defuel as it appraoches. You ideally want to test this witt the mechanical wastegate (elbow) by ajusting that to open at 30psi also. That way you have 2x protection so to speak ..... or set mechanical at 30psi and Juice at 35psi ........
  • Like 1

Ok thanks I have the cts set to back down at 30, I notice when the boost starts getting close to 28 a yellow light comes on an it starts to defuel! I put the boost elbow that come with it in, do I need to put in a mechanical boost gauge too?

No - most of the elbows are adjustable :) To control how much boost before the wastegate opens to relieve the pressure. Just with a fancy CTS you get defueling also. Both work ........ either by themselves or both together ........ obviosuly having them both work around the same value means you have double protection 1) Wastegate opens due to pressure with the adjusable elbow and/or 2) CTS defuels due to reaching peak boost numbers - so you can't push beyond that

Well I go ahead an add a mechanical gauge just to be safe! Lord knows I've been dropping some bucks on ole "flash" lately! Last month alone has totalled about $2500, an I'm still adding to my wish list! Waiting on ProWelder to build a high idle fooler for me now!:hyper: