• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FEBRUARY NEWS

• Owner

MOPAR1973MAN.COM TRAFFIC REPORT

Since the change of the donation system to subscription system has not slowed the site down much. Traffic continue to grow month after month. Since we started the change over in mid November its be constantly climbing for traffic. 

image.png

SERVER PERFORMANCE

As for the search engine the gain I made timing wise now have majority of the site in the "Need Improvement" realm. Like I mention before web server building is just like building a race truck you constantly looking to ditch a little more drag and gain back a bit more power. Yeah I know the web skin is rather "plain jane" but I will circle back to looks being looks is just another drag point. I've managed to get all the timings with the spec for the most part. I'm still waiting for some of the test to complete on Google's side. But the red line is at zero for both mobile and desktop. My biggest hang up is the Google Ads tend to break the page and I need to add some space on the screen for the ads to pop up without moving content anywhere.

image.png

STORE

As for the STORE... I've placed any order to re stock the Timbo's APPS sensors and Cummins Vacuum pump hits. They are on the way as we speak. Being my wrench time is slowing down and I'll be able to get back to the keyboard here I'll be adding more to the store like injectors next. The STORE link is working once again for all the mobile device folks. The menu function was creating a link issue and after going back to a stock menu again it got it working again. I'll most likely modify again and reorganize the menu for what we use most. 

I will apologize for the seem lack of work here. I've started several projects with tech support and get so busy wrenching the support tickets are being dropped by the software company and the hosting company. hopefully this week I can get back on track and also I set @leetyup to monitor support tickets as well so they quit timing out on me. 

SUBSCRIPTION SYSTEM ISSUES

I'm going to have to dig into the old donation system and start one by one booting people out there current account and get them swapped over to the new system. So any of you that still on a old Silver, Gold or Platinum account I will be contacting you and going step by step to get you swapped over. Not many left but need to close out that old system and get everyone swapped over to get rid of the old code and subscription which tends to hang up switching over to a the new accounts with a blank screen with zero options. Not a bug per say but the old system only want to renew to the old system, I've turned off the option to renew on the old system. Since your still tied to that system possible the new options are not available till your cancelled out and now the new options show. I'll be working with you remain few to get you swapped over. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 8:35 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

get them swapped over to the new system

I was one of the old set up folks, I tried a few times to get it to swap over it either never worked or I was doing it wrong.

It worked this time, went to Account > Manage Subscription and scrolled down and was able upgrade for a few bucks.

Then when that was done I went ahead and signed up for what I wanted.

Was pretty easy.

Keep up the good work. I'm not on here alot but I do value the endless hard work put into your site. Also have not been working on my truck much due to some other priorities.  But its good to see your making headway to be here when I get back to my truck.

IMG_20210208_002727.jpg.2a95e8cf8e03b6df4ae41dc689375dbd.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Owner

Now after getting the CLS (Content Layout Shift) reduced and then now compare M73M.com to CF.com. performance wise. Trying to make this the best I can for all the members as you can see I excel over most of the score comparing to CF.com and only one I need to drill down a bit more on tweaking the CLS issue. I'm pretty sure I can reduce that number more. 

Time to put the M73M website back on the "dyno" and see if I can gain a bit more horsepower or reduce a bit more drag, to take the lead!!!

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Ok... I got some free time I'm currently downloading a copy of the website so I can now start compressing all the photos in the storage system. The largest folder right now is the attachment folder. The entire website is roughly about 88 GB of total files. I'll go back through and clean up stuff in the web site and light that again. 

Just the attachment folder on the server...

8.5G	./attachments

Yup there is a bit over 8.5 GB worth of attachments... I'm going to go back through and compressing all the photos the entire folder over again. I'll report my savings. 

Breaking it down this is the attachment folder by the year and month...

55M	./monthly_2021_02
41M	./monthly_2021_01
166M	./monthly_2020_12
72M	./monthly_2020_11
171M	./monthly_2020_10
99M	./monthly_2020_09
103M	./monthly_2020_08

Now keep in mind I've got every attachment from the time I started back at October 04, 2007. This was the date I bought the domain name "Mopar1973Man.Com" and installed the first forum software which was vBulletin 3.8.x. Then Upgraded to vBulletin 4.0 up to 4.11... Then jump ship from them and jumped into Invision Power Board and stayed there till currently. Most everything converted over... Time to do some house cleaning. 8.5 GB is a lot of photos. 

I only get 146GB worth of drive space... Currently at 88 GB. (64% used currently)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ok... I got some free time I'm currently downloading a copy of the website so I can now start compressing all the photos in the storage system. The largest folder right now is the attachment folder. The entire website is roughly about 88 GB of total files. I'll go back through and clean up stuff in the web site and light that again. 

Just the attachment folder on the server...

8.5G	./attachments

Yup there is a bit over 8.5 GB worth of attachments... I'm going to go back through and compressing all the photos the entire folder over again. I'll report my savings. 

Breaking it down this is the attachment folder by the year and month...

55M	./monthly_2021_02
41M	./monthly_2021_01
166M	./monthly_2020_12
72M	./monthly_2020_11
171M	./monthly_2020_10
99M	./monthly_2020_09
103M	./monthly_2020_08

Now keep in mind I've got every attachment from the time I started back at October 04, 2007. This was the date I bought the domain name "Mopar1973Man.Com" and installed the first forum software which was vBulletin 3.8.x. Then Upgraded to vBulletin 4.0 up to 4.11... Then jump ship from them and jumped into Invision Power Board and stayed there till currently. Most everything converted over... Time to do some house cleaning. 8.5 GB is a lot of photos. 

I only get 146GB worth of drive space... Currently at 88 GB. (64% used currently)

Thank you for all your hard work on this!!!!

• Owner

Boy it took awhile to download all those attachments! I'm working my way month by month compressing each folder one at a time manually. You can see the file saving down the list so I'm shaving off the extra waste and trimming the system make it lean and mean as possible. I'm doing the work locally so to not impact the server with heavy CPU loads and making the server slow to respond. 

Screenshot from 2021-02-16 15-00-27.png

• Owner

I'm still at it manually calling out Linux commands going through the files and attachments right now re-compressing both JPG and PNG picture files.

cd ..
cd monthly_2021_02
jpegoptim -f *.jpg
optipng *.png

I've seen several large saving pop up while going folder to folder I've seen few 30% compression rates but typically average about 1% to 5%. I did run across a folder with invalid file characters that made it to the website.

• monthly_2020_08 folder is corrupt and need these files remove to process this folder. The ' character is invalid and can't be processed. I need to back track the post and download the photos and then correct the photos filename and re-upload and replace them in the post correctly. Photos are good it just the filename is not up to to standards.

Example

-rw-r--r-- 1 michael michael 134K Feb 16 00:33 '190558789_OEMInjectors(1).jpg.677f19d2f0317683948b20f2e142a7f2.jpg'
-rw-r--r-- 1 michael michael 179K Feb 16 00:33 '1957040355_Scan_20180624(11).jpg.16f8e6471d03398ee1d6df06dfc701a2.jpg'

-rw-r--r-- 1 michael michael 126K Feb 16 00:32 '2141433412_Scan_20180624(4).jpg.f0e145aee0cd2fdae45f9041c6567d10.jpg'

• Owner

I've found my hotlinking was turned off after the move. I was investigating link usage and found SEVERAL EU website hotlinking to out pictures for profit. Now with the hotlinking you can't copy the URL ink of a picture on the site and paste it else where to veiw. Th eats up our bandwidth hosting pictures for other websites and then never getting the traffic for it. Just the expenses. You will no longer be able to share URL of pictures (JPG, PNG, GIF, or BMP).

Biggest offender - jeanjaures37.fr with over 17,600 links to photos mostly our wiring maps and other article photos.  

With hotlinking turned OFF all his photos just turn blank screen now. Now he'll be forced to send the person to the website to get said photos and then they have pay our registration fees.