• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. You know when you see good valued information here on Mopar1973Man.Com. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan

2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7 fog light conversion

My neighbor that lives across the road from my family's ranch on the mountain, has a 2007.5 Cummins 6.7 2500 4x4 pickup that I just installed a brand new Clutch, flywheel and hydraulics in it.

A while back he had a different 07.5 2500 Cummins that had fog lights from the factory. He swapped the front bumper assemblies, and swapped in the headlight switch with the fog light function.

He can't get the fog lights to come on. I just went into his BCM and turned the fog light functionality on, but when I press the headlight knob in to turn on the fog lights, they still don't come on. The fog lights worked when the setup was on the other 07.5 pickup.

I looked in the fuse box (TIPM) but I don't see any fuses labeled for the fog lights, so I assume they run off a relay?

Does anyone know if there's a fog light relay or fuse in the TIPM and which spot it's in?

• Administrator

TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) this is what actually turns on the fog light. Double check the fuses. Beyond that the fog light are turned on by CANBus message not by a voltage switch we all know. Like the multifunction switch is a mere 5 wires on CANBus system. The headlight switch and fog light controls again are all CANBus message. If you have a second truck with TIPM you can swap it fast in a few minutes just need tools to pull the power lead from the stud. No relays in this system just the TIPM...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Administrator

Unknown, but the entire headlights and fog light are controlled by the TIPM. There is zero relays in this system. Then the only fuses are the ones you see. Nothing more. 

This is not like our old school 2nd gen with a fog lamp relay, fog lamp fuse, etc. This is not there in the 3rd gen up with TIPM. After fighting with a 2006 with a headlight malfunction that you could turn on the headlights with the switch but you pull the multifunction switch back for dimmers the wipers would come on and hi beams. Turn signal only worked to the right but no left. Again this is all based on a CANBus message getting back to the TIPM to turn on and off these functions but not working correctly. My only solution to you is call a module rebuilder like "Module Master" in Moscow ID and see. They will also test before they start to see what is actual wrong or not working correctly.