• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Haystack Mountain

IBMobile

• Staff

Haystack Mountain is a free camping area on BLM land east of Lone Pine, CA in the Owens Valley between the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the west and the White Mountains to the east.  We go there for our annual shooting weekend with pistols, *****, and rifles, out to 600YD, during the day followed by tall tales told around the campfire at night.   There were nine of use this time.

IMG_7368.JPG.7042245a42b505b0be358ed1d3da9624.JPG

looking to the east and the White Mountains.

IMG_7403.JPG.39a28c220f6b94c8918733889cc10c16.JPG

Our modest camp site.

IMG_7378.JPG.5b561d3b2677c0e39298c94aa0728d2e.JPG

Looking west with sunset over the Sierra Nevada Mountains

• Like 3

• Owner

(Under my breathe)

The only gun laws is the second amendment. It clearly state no other laws shall infringe. Which clearly states all American citizens can bare arms.  

So all the other laws seem to be infringing on the right to bare guns or weapons. Don't be sawed of shoot gun, too large of magazine, or any other laws they create to limit use or possession of said weapon that again is infringement.  Federal regulation does stop law enforcement or other federal agencies follow these laws too they are exempt from these laws. Seem kind of one side only focused on the American Citizen. Weird how the laws are so crazy now.

• Like 3

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

Looks fun! I don’t mind dry camping... with my generator of course! I haven’t been to the range  in awhile. Ammo is scares  these days. 

No generator require for me. I run silent power. I set out my solar panels and have 120 VAC power through the RV without making a single noise. Now if there was a shade tree I would park the RV under the shade and keep it cooler and the put my solar panels out in the sun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No generator require for me. I run silent power. I set out my solar panels and have 120 VAC power through the RV without making a single noise. Now if there was a shade tree I would park the RV under the shade and keep it cooler and the put my solar panels out in the sun. 

My trailer has an outlet on the side for solar hookup. I’ve got one 100 watt panel.I should buy another one.  I have never hooked it up. I always forget to grab it. Having the microwave oven available for use is always nice. I’ve got a 750 watt inverter. I need to hard wire it into the trailer. So all the outlets work through it. Just haven’t gotten around to doing it. Plus I want a bigger one for that. 

• Owner
27 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

I’ve got one 100 watt panel.I should buy another one.

I've only got three 15w panels (45w total) from Harbor Frieght and been doing fine with that small amount of charge. I've been watching Home Depot for panels and have some wonderful solar panels for good price.  

300w of solar panels and solar controller too. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Grape-Solar-300-Watt-Off-Grid-Solar-Panel-Kit-GS-300-KIT/203505917

Now a kit like that I would think of possibly mounting just a single panel on the roof. Then hard wiring that panel to the controller and RV. That way while in storage it would have 100w worth of solar charge for the batteries and eliminate the need for city power for the house charger. The other two panels I would build a free stand frame like my current HF panels stand. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff
8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The only gun laws is the second amendment. It clearly state no other laws shall infringe.

I'd be contemplating that while sitting in a CA jail for being noncompliant.   499243054_animated-smileys-weapons-0141.gif.ec68d9434acdb3df48384a1c9f44369d.gif

8 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Im sure everyone was practicing social distancing laws

Yes, we were antisocial the whole time.  The closest camper was about 1/2 mile away on the other side of the mountain.  

8 hours ago, Threadzy said:

Looks fun! I don’t mind dry camping... with my generator of course!

I have two golf cart 6 volt battery's in series, a 1500 watt inverter, and a 2k watt generator all in the front compartment of the 5er. You can see my 5er and the open compartment in the second picture above.  The generator gets real quite when I turn my hearing aids off and the closest shade tree is over 3 miles away.  

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...