• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2nd Quadzilla In 2 Years, Anyone Else Have Problems?

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Absolutely nothing is tied to my batteries except the alternator charge lead to the passenger battery and the ground lead added on the driver side battery. Everything else is hooked up in the PDC from the red lead in there. 

DRIVER SIDE BATTERY

DSCF5205.JPG

PASSENGER BATTERY

DSCF5206.JPG

NOW LOOKING INSIDE THE PDC. No rotten connection, no acid problems, no inference for jumper cables. No forgotten wires to hook back up to the batteries.

DSCF5207.JPG

So with it routed like that, can I jump my truck without disconnecting my module or should I still do that anyways?

5 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

So with it routed like that, can I jump my truck without disconnecting my module or should I still do that anyways?

If you're worried about burning up quadzilla then the best bet is to disconnect it from power source, from what I was told it doesn't like power spikes. I've use a winch few times on my truck but always had high idle on and good batteries. Even if I jump someone else which only happened once I believe in last 10 years I disconnect the quad to be safe and if you need the jump then most definitely disconnect it.

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

If you're worried about burning up quadzilla then the best bet is to disconnect it from power source, from what I was told it doesn't like power spikes. I've use a winch few times on my truck but always had high idle on and good batteries. Even if I jump someone else which only happened once I believe in last 10 years I disconnect the quad to be safe and if you need the jump then most definitely disconnect it.

Would an LED light bar draw too much and cause this? I use it frequently in the morning on my way to work after I hit a deer 2 months ago....

20 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Would an LED light bar draw too much and cause this? I use it frequently in the morning on my way to work after I hit a deer 2 months ago....

I suppose it depends on quality of it, led should draw much but some cheaper china stuff can. To be sure you can get an amp clamp or measure amps on the circuit to be sure. Something like this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/BSIDE-ACM91-Auto-Ranging-Temperature-Capacitance/dp/B07G84XDWH/ref=asc_df_B07G84XDWH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312111908090&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14766244071297198965&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018631&hvtargid=pla-581003875167&psc=1

1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

I suppose it depends on quality of it, led should draw much but some cheaper china stuff can. To be sure you can get an amp clamp or measure amps on the circuit to be sure. Something like this should work.

https://www.amazon.com/BSIDE-ACM91-Auto-Ranging-Temperature-Capacitance/dp/B07G84XDWH/ref=asc_df_B07G84XDWH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312111908090&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14766244071297198965&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018631&hvtargid=pla-581003875167&psc=1

I mean it was only $65 and it was out of the box so honestly I have no idea if it's from china or not.

• Owner
13 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Last 8 years I've owned mine I've never disconnected before jumping my truck or another truck. Never had any problem till a while back I found my ground wire come loose at the bolt I had it on create a huge problem with engine performance (studdering, low power, CEL light, etc.). I had Quadzilla replace my moduel it but to find out the problem was a loose ground. So technically I've never really had a Quadzilla fail yet. I even reported this back to Quadzilla because it was such a weird case. Now we all know to double check that ground wire. Being we were constantly checking +12V and Keyed +12V.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Last 8 years I've owned mine I've never disconnected before jumping my truck or another truck. Never had any problem till a while back I found my ground wire come loose at the bolt I had it on create a huge problem with engine performance (studdering, low power, CEL light, etc.). I had Quadzilla replace my moduel it but to find out the problem was a loose ground. So technically I've never really had a Quadzilla fail yet. I even reported this back to Quadzilla because it was such a weird case. Now we all know to double check that ground wire. Being we were constantly checking +12V and Keyed +12V.

How much was it for a new module?

20 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No my fender at the hood hinge. No need for running to the battery I've got roughly a 0.003 (3mV Drop) from body to battery ground. Very acceptable for ground purpose. 

Wish I knew more about electrical engineering to know what I was doing.... Lol

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That's good to hear, I remember there was a lot of talking few years back about how quad module can get fryed especially if your vehicle is dead and you're getting jumped. I believe even guys at quadzilla were saying make sure to disconnect it before jumping. I've always been paranoid about it.

3 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

That's good to hear, I remember there was a lot of talking few years back about how quad module can get fryed especially if your vehicle is dead and you're getting jumped. I believe even guys at quadzilla were saying make sure to disconnect it before jumping. I've always been paranoid about it.

Well good news boys! It seems that it shut off due to a loose ground wire. So I reattached it and tightened her down and everything is all minty now! Did a little rewiring like Mike recommended and we're all good! Thanks for the help boys! I will do some digging into the ground wire mod, as well as some new batteries because upon further inspection, they're from November of '15! They hold 12.3v a piece at startup. We'll try and run them for now until my 6.7 rebuild is done, but new batteries are in order. Thanks a ton fellas!

• Like 4

I'm late to the party here but glad you sorted it out. I have an alternator that is about  year old and red Optima batteries, maybe 2 years old. Went through a period where on start up the voltage was low and the warning light came on for about 60 seconds then up to 14V and light off. I throw a trickle charger on it now once per week. Will have the whole system tested next oil change.

To get back to your 1st post, I had a MM3/Juice which sounded great when I spoke with them. Not a good experience with the 1st few tunes that they did- not nearly as good as the Smarty/TST stack. No warning that the batteries were weak, the MM3 went into a death spiral which they couldn't figure out (I believe it is made in Italy and the sales guys here don't speak Italian) and lost the ECM which had me down for weeks to find one and have it flashed. That's when I looked around and found the Quad.

• Like 1

I REALLY hate the idea of a MM3 edge stack, it just doesn't make sense from a technical standpoint,   why custom tune with the MM3 then have the edge messing with the tune in an unknown manner?     it's like wiping before you poo

any tuner that recommends it is clearly more interested in the $$ than end result..... in my opinion

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I REALLY hate the idea of a MM3 edge stack, it just doesn't make sense from a technical standpoint,   why custom tune with the MM3 then have the edge messing with the tune in an unknown manner?     it's like wiping before you poo

any tuner that recommends it is clearly more interested in the $$ than end result..... in my opinion

I follow Lees Diesel on IG and he's got the MM3 stack on his 01 and absolutely loves it.