• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another iquad issue

• Owner

You be better off shifting to neutral which should be lower engine load which means less fuel used. I typically idle at 6 to 7% engine load fully warmed. Manual though. Keep in mind autos have the torque converter load.

Just consider my 65 MPH engine load is 19% to 21%.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

16 minutes ago, dieseldon said:

Hmmm..🤔 could it have anything to do with the super tight trans.& Stall?

That sir would be above my pay grade. 20 years in a 6 speed here. But I have always been under the impression that the ECM strives for 800 rpm for idle.

Edited by dripley

4 hours ago, dieseldon said:

I usually drive on level 2-3 .

I think 22 for load is about as good as it gets cruising, I usually see it bouncing from there clear up to close to 30

22 load is not bad really, try increasing timing half a degree see what happens, or decrease. My mpg is not that great in the winter either. I think my average is around 16 in winter. Summer if I drive nice I'll see over 20, but most of the time it's 18-19 I can't drive long distances slow have too many things going on. last summer I hit a sweet spot few days in a row I did drive slow around 60 for about 300ml and got just over 25 mpg hand calculated, got to say I was in shock. Usually if I can squeeze 20-21 I'm happy. Tried that again and couldn't do it, wind temperature and everything else must of been just right for them few days. Timing has a lot to do with mpg, probably more than anything else. It's not as simple as saying 20 is where it's at, weather changes 20 degrees and timing may need to be adjusted again, plus fuel quality winter/summer bio etc. Noticed your engine temp is at 188, be better if it was low 190s. 

43 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

22 load is not bad really, try increasing timing half a degree see what happens, or decrease. My mpg is not that great in the winter either. I think my average is around 16 in winter. Summer if I drive nice I'll see over 20, but most of the time it's 18-19 I can't drive long distances slow have too many things going on. last summer I hit a sweet spot few days in a row I did drive slow around 60 for about 300ml and got just over 25 mpg hand calculated, got to say I was in shock. Usually if I can squeeze 20-21 I'm happy. Tried that again and couldn't do it, wind temperature and everything else must of been just right for them few days. Timing has a lot to do with mpg, probably more than anything else. It's not as simple as saying 20 is where it's at, weather changes 20 degrees and timing may need to be adjusted again, plus fuel quality winter/summer bio etc. Noticed your engine temp is at 188, be better if it was low 190s. 

Thanks for the advice!

I can't help but feel I'm about 20 years late to the party 🎉

• Owner

Start your 1,500 at 13° then come up equal amount of steps. Like Typically I build around about +4 step. 13, 17, 21, 25. Even I've been playing with +5 step. 13, 18, 23, 28. wider bandwidth of timing.

In compare to your tming... Not to mention staring out too hot in the 1,500 realm should back down for getting turbo spooled faster. Even mine reaches the same final goal evenly.

17.8  --- +2 Step

21 ------ +3.2 step

25 ------ +4 Step

Edited by Mopar1973Man