• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door speakers

1 hour ago, Eric H. said:

I can't speak for any no name brands but the quality difference between other name brand and no name electronics is usually pretty significant. Personally, if I only had under $200 to spend on a head unit, I would get a single DIN name brand without the screen.

Already have one of those, (kenwood) and it sounds like crap, I dunno, maybe you need to spend more than $500 these days to have something sound decent??

4 minutes ago, dieseldon said:

Already have one of those, (kenwood) and it sounds like crap, I dunno, maybe you need to spend more than $500 these days to have something sound decent??

I consider Kenwood to be a wanna-be name brand. They've always chosen flash over function. I like pioneer sound but I've never had one that got good radio reception (which I still use) even on the high end flip screen I replaced recently. I'm really happy with the Sony sound and reception. Alpine makes nice stuff too. If you want better sound, you need to spend more money in my opinion. These are just the observations I've made over 30 years of installing my own audio/video but I'm sure plenty of people are happy with their results with cheaper products. I think if your looking to improve sound, you need to improve your budget on the head unit. Good speakers are cheap and I really like Pioneer for inexpensive speakers that produce good sound without amplifiers.

5 hours ago, dieseldon said:

I'm sure that's nice, but $600!

I was thinking about getting this one, and comes with a camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VGR5Z4R/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=AZV2Q3JGU683F&psc=1

The reviews for this unit are bad. Even the 5 star ratings come with a bunch of problems and only get the 5 stars due to price. Not to mention this is a double DIN chassis.

Looks good @Red Rambler. The most important thing is driver satisfaction. If the person driving the car is happy with the sound what else really matters? 

If you're looking for a good affordable sub look at Skar. I've heard good things about their full range drivers and their component speakers but only have 1st hand experience with the subs. Hit hard and clean, take good power.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Gregturley said:

Looks good @Red Rambler. The most important thing is driver satisfaction. If the person driving the car is happy with the sound what else really matters? 

If you're looking for a good affordable sub look at Skar. I've heard good things about their full range drivers and their component speakers but only have 1st hand experience with the subs. Hit hard and clean, take good power.

I concur, I feel pretty good rolling down the road windows down, and super clear music playing plenty loud. I might do a sub in the future and will checkout Skar. I’m tapped out on truck funds lately. Need to log some miles for a bit. But I’ll be listening to some good music!!