• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weather

Looking at a significant warm up here in Frost Bite Falls, and my heat bill loves it. Not really normal for our winters up here on the tundra, and I can't help but thinking we're only at halftime of this winter waiting for the second half. Is Old man Winter rolling up his sleeves, and saying hold my beer?

Mark

First thing that comes to my mind is "Chinook". If you've never heard that word before, it's a warm up in the middle of winter followed by a return of cold weather. Could be I'm just cynical of good fortune, but time and experience have taught me to be leery of things that seem to good to be true.

Mark

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Threadzy said:

“Climate change “ is BS! Unless you’re talking about fall, winter,spring and summer. 

So-called people in charge are manipulating weather amongst other things playing God's role, then tell us it's this or that and we're at fault. We should change our lifestyles and pay more taxes on whatever they come up with. Total insanity. They are biggest hypocrites, telling us we should do this and that and they do complete opposite. 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

So-called people in charge are manipulating weather amongst other things playing God's role, then tell us it's this or that and we're at fault. We should change our lifestyles and pay more taxes on whatever they come up with. Total insanity. They are biggest hypocrites, telling us we should do this and that and they do complete opposite. 

Exactly! While they drive their SUV’s and fly in their private jets. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No, not SUV's more like Limousine and flying in their jets.  I've never seen anyone with lots of money and power drive themselves? really? 

My point exactly. They want us peasants driving battery operated coffins and car pool in commercial airliners. All while they are chauffeured around in their” gas guzzling” SUVs , limos or whatever and flying with  one or two people in their private jets. 

• Owner

Yup... 

How about the USFS that goes around planning control burns in the forest. Now these control burn creates a HUGE amount of pollution and CO2. Hey what about the carbon taxes? Why isn't the USFS exempt from carbon taxes but can lever more carbon taxes on the citizens? Why not go back to logging instead of burning out the forest? You all know I can post tons of orange sky smoke pics.

If carbon is such a problem why is control burns emitting more pollution in one minute that my truck will make in a life time?

• Like 1

• Owner

This smoke identifies as "Natural Smoke" and doesn't have any CO2 emissions. Yeah right... :rolleyes:

This is NOT PHOTOSHOPPED! This is at 12 noon as a forest fires came towards us. You can see my truck in the photo. Dots in the photo are ashes falling out of the sky... Yup its all natural smoke...Right...

DSCF6645.JPG

• Owner

Volcano does have emissions but its a act of God that no one has control over. Kind of like a Earthquake... No way to know its coming or stop it when it does happen.

Now as for forest fires well we do have some control but the Gov't plan is to let it eat or destroy as much as possible in the Wilderness Areas because there is no vehicles allowed in the forest. Then with all the forest roads being closed down also limits access to any said fire. Then coming back to control burns we can just allow logging and allow the public to cut firewood and harvest the dead fall than burning it all out. No need for burning massive sections of forest saying its to clean up the dead fall. OMG! :duh:

As for the weather its been colder most winters here. Now any of you watch the Alaska Shows like alone in Alaska. If you follow these shows you'll learn a few things. Northern Alaska does have a summer and there melting of the snow and ice and get to see the ground again in the summer. 

arctic.gif

Now if you look the northern edge of Alaska is borders on the Arctic Ocean. When they show pictures of up around northern Alaska funny there is not any snow or ice on the ground in the summer time. Why? Because in the summer its nearly 24 hours a day sun light. Then when it turns to winter its nearly 24 hours of pure night for the entire winter. This is when it get super cold and making ice. We see even in the news of New York have windy days and blowing the ocean water up on lighthouses and dock making an icy mess. I don't think there is any global warm per say. I had a chance a while back a new weather page came up and was hosting all the historic data of weather. I was looking back over Idaho weather and it cycles up and down for years. Some winter are super cold like I've seen -40*F in New Meadows ID about 5 years ago. Now this year was like close to zero. Not a warming trend difference in weather. Just about every winter we have had snow.

ravsunImage2.jpg

Just adding to keep spreading the conversation out...

Edited by Mopar1973Man