• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weather

• Owner

Yeah even here the snow is leaving quickly out of the yard and been warm for about 4 to 5 days now. This morning starting at 37*F outside and got a yard full of mud now. Some of the locals are bit worried about the sudden changes in temperature and possible rain because mudslides and minor flood could occur. 

• Staff
On 3/5/2021 at 7:15 AM, Me78569 said:

yea still around 16" on the river, but it is popping pretty good so It's wont be too long until I can get the boat into the water.

Are you allowed to build a boat dock there?

I just got done building one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

On 3/5/2021 at 9:05 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Just came up to McCall for few odd and ends the temp in New Meadows is +13°F. Dang cold and freezing fog.

We have been cleaning up the mess from fallen trees and branches. So much of it I rented a 13,000 lb mini excavator to help me. Lost a lot of 6-8 inch trees and two large 24 inchers. Many branches piled up around each big tree. I guess it's Gods way of getting rid of the weak ones.:thumb1: 

Edited by JAG1

11 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Are you allowed to build a boat dock there?

I just got done building one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Yep, however the roll in type is preferred due to how bad the ice flows are in spring.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yep, however the roll in type is preferred due to how bad the ice flows are in spring.

Never thought of that...... would be a problem for floating homes too. We have hundreds of them out West.

So a Rolling Dock is only anchored at the shore and rolls up out of the way?

• Owner

Like up here docks are left in the lakes all winter just the lakes are drained down enough that the docks are out of the water. Payette Lake in McCall is still very frozen yet. Now along the river there is no real docks at all. Just beach your craft and tie to rock or tree. Some have sand anchors. Spring thaw some times we get nasty ice jams in the Salmon River causing flooding in a spot or two before it breaks free and flow to the next hang up.