• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Armored 2nd Gen...just in case

Andyba20

I’m thinking about lightly armoring my truck. Not trying to make it bomb proof, just trying to increase my ability to stay safe against small arms fire. If you were going to spend $1,000 on this, how would you spend it? 

Agreed. I’m thinking of the most vital areas....Kevlar panels for the driver/passenger door. 1/4 or 3/8 steel panel to cover the radiator. Never priced bulletproof glass...never thought I’d need to...defund the police I gotta fund my build. 

Same reason the police wear body armor to protect vital organs but don’t wear steel boots or an iron man helmet. Just wondering what others might do with $1,000 if they wanted to add a little protection to their trucks. Feel free to get creative. 

Happening right in front of us daily...I’ll tell you what got me thinking about stuff like this-Last summer a guy was towing his horses through Oklahoma, 95 degree day. Antifa blocked the interstate and shut down traffic. If anyone has ever been in an aluminum horse trailer in 95 degree heat you know it gets unbearable quickly and horses can die without airflow from movement. This dude tries to go around the protesters (wife and kids in the truck), the antifa crazies flipped out and surrounded his vehicle then one of them  threw a smoke bomb into his trailer (I’ve heard it killed one of his horses). I’d never in my life considered a situation like that, but after I saw it I went and had fans installed in my horse trailer. So while I don’t anticipate ever being shot at or unnecessarily putting myself in a high risk situation to be shot at, I am taking some measures to mitigate vulnerabilities and risks. 

• Staff
2 hours ago, Andyba20 said:

Antifa blocked the interstate and shut down traffic. If anyone has ever been in an aluminum horse trailer in 95 degree heat you know it gets unbearable quickly and horses can die without airflow from movement. This dude tries to go around the protesters (wife and kids in the truck), the antifa crazies flipped out and surrounded his vehicle then one of them  threw a smoke bomb into his trailer (I’ve heard it killed one of his horses).

How come there are no Senate hearings on this and where's PETA; this is an outrage!  1818968090_animated-smileys-weapons-0131.gif.6da1fd47cafa911a681a151fffea45a2.gifTake that $1,000 and get a cancealed carry permit and a pistol of your choice.       Better to be tried by 12 then carried by six.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haha I have a lifetime “permit” but as of recently you no longer require a “permit” to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle in the state of Tennessee. I’d almost rather be shot than have to shoot another person, but I can’t think of anything more terrible than helplessly watching the ones you love be harmed. That’s why I am and will always have a way to defend those around me. 

• Owner

Idaho is a conceal carry state without a permit. Typically my 9mm handgun is with me for long trips to bigger cities. My sixth sense usually will warn me to move on if things are going bad or I don't belong there. I do like most deer stand still a moment watch and understand the danger then the bolt in a direction of safety. 

• Like 1

• Owner

That is the beauty of living where I do. There is nothing out here. No one is stupid enough to try coming up on the property. Then if you think you can grab and run. There is only highway to the north and south for lot of miles. Your on highway 95 that has no where to go other than north or south. Your not going to make it far before being picked up. Amber alerts are typically snagged in this stretch because Council (Adam Co.) then McCall (Valley Co.) and the Grangeville (Idaho county) have you trapped. Can't go north Grangeville (Idaho Co.) is blocking, Can't go south on 95 Council (Adams Co.)is blocking, then try to take Idaho 55 nope McCall has you blocked (Valley Co.)

Being I'm already part of the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept everyone has my back. We've updated paging services which now my cellphone is a pager and shows me location of my crew and other support units. Here is what I can see for just for now... I know exactly where my support team is located at all times. This is a paid app that Salmon River Fire Chief set up for about 10 to 14 of us on the fringe edge of radio signal.

You might be fast, but no one can out run Motorola & Android... Yes I've got my fire radio here and could dispatch for sheriff or support at any time. 

Screenshot_20210312-080238_Active911.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1