• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snow Plows and plowing, in general: Discussions

I didnt read the entire thread so I reply to the first post I run a c7.5 with a e60 pump on my truck I used a leveling kit from top gunz off ebay it works great I never use any weight in the bed NOTHING bed is always empty ( except for snow or some empty coffe cups ) truck handles fine on highway or local roads never had an issue actually I think i like the truck better with the extra weight up front it feels more planted try www.plowsite.com very good place to start reading

Thanks. I'm a member on plowsite, as well as letsplow. I got the subframe together and mounted. Last night, I hooked the plow to the spreader bar. "Houston, we have a problem." I posted on LP site, but thought I'd share here, as well.. As Arctic Plows rep states to me, "Your truck is too high." Really? WTF.. But it is. At least, for their undercarriage design. Here's some shots of the insanely steep A-Frame angle of the plow. This is not gonna work, unfortunately. post-10339-138698170552_thumb.jpg

post-10339-13869817054_thumb.jpg

post-10339-138698170547_thumb.jpg

no refund. I bought the plow 2nd-hand. The bracketry and such, I bought new. I'll make it work, somehow. Can someone with a bone-stock 2G 4x4 here measure on flat ground, from ground level to the lowest frame portion, where the bumper brackets bolt to the frame? Or give me a measurement from ground to center of lower-front bumper bolt?Thank you, in advance.

I didnt read the entire thread so I reply to the first post I run a c7.5 with a e60 pump on my truck I used a leveling kit from top gunz off ebay it works great I never use any weight in the bed NOTHING bed is always empty ( except for snow or some empty coffe cups ) truck handles fine on highway or local roads never had an issue actually I think i like the truck better with the extra weight up front it feels more planted try www.plowsite.com very good place to start reading

plowsite :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:I see that is where you get your info. No, in all seriousness put some counter weight in your truck back by the tail gate. How can you say it feels planted with all the weight on the front axle? You have little to no weight on your rear axle. You must have to use 4whell just to go up a small snow covered hill? It's there to balance out the vehicle (better control) and a gain in traction, give it a try the other folks on the road whose life you save will thank you. rogan. Like what was mentioned at LP I'd leave the truck side as is and cut the mounting tab off of the plows push frame, weld in a block and reattach the tab. It can be salvaged.

rogan. Like what was mentioned at LP I'd leave the truck side as is and cut the mounting tab off of the plows push frame, weld in a block and reattach the tab. It can be salvaged.

Ive thought about that, as well. Here's another idea I scribbled out yesterday.. it's viewed from the front of the truck.. post-10339-138698170884_thumb.jpg The other one, you mentioned, is possibly my easier option.. I guess. LOL

plowsite :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:I see that is where you get your info. No, in all seriousness put some counter weight in your truck back by the tail gate. How can you say it feels planted with all the weight on the front axle? You have little to no weight on your rear axle. You must have to use 4whell just to go up a small snow covered hill? It's there to balance out the vehicle (better control) and a gain in traction, give it a try the other folks on the road whose life you save will thank you. rogan. Like what was mentioned at LP I'd leave the truck side as is and cut the mounting tab off of the plows push frame, weld in a block and reattach the tab. It can be salvaged.

I use 4x4 very seldom but you dont have to believe me, do you drive a Chevy maybe ? :lol:

• 1 month later...