• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla adrenaline for mpg's is it worth it?

@Doubletrouble, just remember what @Me78569 and @hdpwipmonkey said about the lack of custom tuning. if you get the bigger injectors you wont be able to tune out the smoke.

Also, you are dipping your toes into the slippery slope of adding mods for more power. Its a bit addicting. and you might find yourself wanting more. I only bring it up so that you aren't possibly spending money twice. Not trying to kill a deal, just something to think about.

• Staff

Will it work on mine? I noticed your sig, your truck is a '99. Mine is an '01. Just asking......

12 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

@Doubletrouble, just remember what @Me78569 and @hdpwipmonkey said about the lack of custom tuning. if you get the bigger injectors you wont be able to tune out the smoke.

Also, you are dipping your toes into the slippery slope of adding mods for more power. Its a bit addicting. and you might find yourself wanting more. I only bring it up so that you aren't possibly spending money twice. Not trying to kill a deal, just something to think about.

Yeah, I've thought about the power bug biting me. I guess I could be addicted to much worse things right? Lol 

15 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Will it work on mine? I noticed your sig, your truck is a '99. Mine is an '01. Just asking......

I don't remember if the 01s had a software change or if its only the MAP or data link plug.

16 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Yeah, I've thought about the power bug biting me. I guess I could be addicted to much worse things right? Lol 

Absolutely. Try racing.. double to triple the cost of anything depending on how far you want to go.. and that's not including the safety gear..

• Staff
1 minute ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Absolutely. Try racing.. double to triple the cost of anything depending on how far you want to go.. and that's not including the safety gear..

I went down that road back when I was younger, while in high school and a few years after. Kids, wife and other life expenses killed the racing budget. 

Anymore I don't really care for driving a car or riding in them for that matter. I love trucks and don't really want to race per say but some extra power above stock to set it apart is always good.

I have buddies that like to hook their trucks together and play tug of war but I don't partake. I don't want to willingly abuse my truck like that. 

14 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I have buddies that like to hook their trucks together and play tug of war but I don't partake. I don't want to willingly abuse my truck like that. 

I can't stand truck tug of wars outside of like vermonster or trucks gone wild. Its a useless way of blowing your truck up, especially when all it takes to win is gearing, weight, and timing the go pedal.. I never did this, just my observations.. 

25 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

I love trucks and don't really want to race per say but some extra power above stock to set it apart is always good.

How else are you gonna get past the people on the freeway that suddenly speed up as you go to pass them? :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

I think the box will but I believe the wiring harness is different.  

Honestly, I would just get an Adrenaline if you can swing it or save up till you can.  Otherwise, you'll be in the same boat as me... you'll end up getting an Adrenaline at some point and then you would of spent money on an XZT that is just sitting in your garage...

• Like 1

You can find a broken Adrenaline, or two tin cans and a pile of dog crap, and it'll be just about as good. I try to be very optimistic about it on this forum, but the connection issues about have me at the end of my rope. It's a good thing today it was under the hood and not riding on my dashboard, or it would be somewhere along the interstate this evening.

40 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@LorenS, you mean your adrenaline is not working? What connection issue are you having?

It often just refuses to connect via Bluetooth. My phone, tablet, whichever can see it, not connect. Close app, try again. Go into menu and select "Connect to Adrenaline" or whatever it says - fail.  Turn off Bluetooth and turn back on - fail. 30 minutes later driving down the road try again - fail. Randomness occurs and suddenly it's connecting. It makes the Valet mode for theft deterrence a stupid choice, because YOU may be stuck until you disconnect the Quad to drive home.

The unit has you running wires all over Gods green acre under the hood, not sure why there can't be one more run into the cab for a hardwire connection.

No connection problems here and with a UK tablet that everyone said might be a problem, I  use "connect to adrenaline" and it is every time with no fails, reconnects after truck has been off if the tablet is still on, in fact i've left the tablet on by mistake overnight and it reloads straight away when truck is started

7 hours ago, LorenS said:

It often just refuses to connect via Bluetooth. My phone, tablet, whichever can see it, not connect. Close app, try again. Go into menu and select "Connect to Adrenaline" or whatever it says - fail.  Turn off Bluetooth and turn back on - fail. 30 minutes later driving down the road try again - fail. Randomness occurs and suddenly it's connecting. It makes the Valet mode for theft deterrence a stupid choice, because YOU may be stuck until you disconnect the Quad to drive home.

The unit has you running wires all over Gods green acre under the hood, not sure why there can't be one more run into the cab for a hardwire connection.

Have talked to quadzilla about issue?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LorenS said:

It often just refuses to connect via Bluetooth. My phone, tablet, whichever can see it, not connect. Close app, try again

I never have anything other than my tablet in the cab with BT turned on

I'm glad you all haven't had problems.  A quick search of other forums or online search for Adrenaline reviews will prove that I'm not alone - and that more than one person has purchased another product due to reading the feedback on connectivity.  Hopefully part of the next generation design that Mike said he's working on with Quadzilla is a means to either locate the iQuad in the cab with a wire through the firewall to the Adrenaline itself, or just a mini/micro/USB-C/Apple-connector-of-the-week plug.  I can go weeks with no problem, then BAM later in the same day fight it until I'm red hot pissed.  It's like it knows when I want to make a change to the tune, level, or just want to tow that day and want the additional gauges available (trans, fuel temp, etc.)  It's no big deal if it doesn't connect for a daily commute to work, as I have a fuel pressure gauge.

Once in awhile I will have a connection issue where it wont connect no matter what I do or it will connect but it will freeze while updating.  I turn the key off and back on again then its fine.  It only seems to do this when I have the battery disconnected for a while.  Most other times it will connect right away or if it fails to connect I go into the menu and click connect to Adrenaline.  Once connected it stays connected.  

I would call and talk to @Quadzilla Power because you shouldn't be having those problems, especially after paying $600. :spend:

Sorry you are having connection issues.  They happen sometimes, but it should not be as often or problematic as you are experiencing.  Call in to Quadzilla and see if they can offer you support or test the module.

I will confirm the IQUAD+ has been shipping out for a while as a free upgrade.  It offers WIFI on IOS and BT on Android.  Quadzilla only has 2 parts now where there used to be 6.  Hopefully that makes it easier if someone switches from IOS to android or the other way around.  Also the 2001 and 2002 are compatible for the same kit.

The 1998.5-2000 have different voltages for Boost reference.  the 2001-2002 use the same scaling.  The map sensors are different on all 3 applications.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
On 3/24/2021 at 11:19 AM, Threadzy said:

If you go on @dieselautopower website they have a new receiver out that works with both Apple and Android. It comes with the new Quadzillas. Hopefully this new box has fixed this issue. 

Finally I've known of this upgrade for quite some time being I've done the beta test on it and still using mine. The iQuad head has both WiFi and Bluetooth both. Mine has been working way better than previous version. 

• Like 3