• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I believe it's time for a new dash

• 2 weeks later...

It rained all day I was out in the garage looking for a stupid key fob box with a button, that I never found, after taking few pieces off the dash while looking I decided to swap out the dash. Took my time had a beer or two, everything went together pretty well for the most part, I left few screws out because they didn't line up with new dash. 4 metal brackets that lean against firewall I could only get two middle ones lined up for screws in the back to the dash. The long screws that hold the dash to the firewall all fit just fine and all in all everything looks good. Color is slightly lighter then my old one, but close enough and it's not all cracked. Can't believe all that fiberglass held it together this long, it didn't even fell apart when taking it out. I had my kid jump on it once and pieces went all over the garage, it went out with a bang :lmao:

Another thing I want to say, bezel that I got is not a complete one, it's just a skin that you glue over top your old one, that's why it was only 70 bucks, eBay has some for 50 I believe. If I would have paid more attention I probably would not get it. I'd wait till I felt like spending more money on a complete bezel later. @dripley guess that's why you paid more and yours came with vents. 

One more thing I noticed is that my dashcore is starting to crack in few places :ahhh: wasn't like that last time I had her apart. Never ending gremlins....

PXL_20210410_175543425.jpg.d22a4653e7ad1f73adb595a35bb4d806.jpgPXL_20210410_180425615.jpg.e9419321b5bac58f503b8923f0711008.jpg

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

One more thing I noticed is that my dashcore is starting to crack in few places 

My dash core was cracking at the top where the dash cover screwed to it.  I used a lot of JB Weld to beef it up; let it set over night before putting it back together. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IBMobile said:

My dash core was cracking at the top where the dash cover screwed to it.  I used a lot of JB Weld to beef it up; let it set over night before putting it back together. 

That's what I used too, some jbweld for plastic and then I cut few pieces of fiberglass mash and worked it in. Hopefully I'll last for a while, if I come across a good core I may just get it. Wonder if they make new ones like the dash. I'd rather spend few more bucks and get new maybe made from different materials. 

On 4/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Dieselfuture said:

Another thing I want to say, bezel that I got is not a complete one, it's just a skin that you glue over top your old one, that's why it was only 70 bucks, eBay has some for 50 I believe. If I would have paid more attention I probably would not get it. I'd wait till I felt like spending more money on a complete bezel later. @dripley guess that's why you paid more and yours came with vents. 

One more thing I noticed is that my dashcore is starting to crack in few places :ahhh: wasn't like that last time I had her apart. Never ending gremlins....

I was wondering about that bezel. Yours seemed to be to good to true., guess it was. Mine was worth every penny. While I did not enjoy the upfront cost, the end product was worth it and I did not want an overlay.

Figured I would save my money and order the wrong steering gear and spend a $110 just shipping from ND and back again. :spend::cry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

My 2002 Dodge is next in line for a new dash. I've been fighting to keep the cracks under control so when I spot one start I grab the super glue on a warm day work the super into the crack a little bit and then leave it along. In about an hour the glue is set up and good to go but its sprouting more and more cracks and eventually I won't be able to catch up.